Add menuitem from plugin

iwolf
Hi everybody,

is there an existing functionality to add a menu item from another application.
For example: I am working on a reporting application and it would be nice to have access to all facility reports from the facility application without changing the product application.

Best regards,
Ingo

Re: Add menuitem from plugin

Rishi Solanki
Did you consider iFrames?

Giving link of screens locally and rendering external application link
using iFrame should resolve your problem.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki
*CTO, Mindpath Technology*

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 12:49 PM Ingo Wolfmayr <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> is there an existing functionality to add a menu item from another
> application.
> For example: I am working on a reporting application and it would be nice
> to have access to all facility reports from the facility application
> without changing the product application.
>
> Best regards,
> Ingo

AW: Add menuitem from plugin

iwolf
The application I am working on is an Ofbiz application. My question was more about: Is it somehow possible to define a menu item from a different ofbiz application. For examle can I  add a menu item to the "catalog" menu from the ecommerce plugin.

Best regards,
Inog

wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> is there an existing functionality to add a menu item from another
> application.
> For example: I am working on a reporting application and it would be
> nice to have access to all facility reports from the facility
> application without changing the product application.
>
> Best regards,
> Ingo

Re: Add menuitem from plugin

Rishi Solanki
Check the link type in *Menus.xml ... it is inter-app here you can give the
link to other apps ... like ecommerce.

Rishi Solanki
*CTO, Mindpath Technology*
Intelligent Solutions
cell: +91-98932-87847
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM Ingo Wolfmayr <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The application I am working on is an Ofbiz application. My question was
> more about: Is it somehow possible to define a menu item from a different
> ofbiz application. For examle can I  add a menu item to the "catalog" menu
> from the ecommerce plugin.
>
> Best regards,
> Inog

Re: Add menuitem from plugin

Deepak Dixit-4
Hi Inog,

Like Rishi explained, you can use the url-mode=inter-app, for example refer
[1]

For more detail about url-mode values please check [2]

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/party/widget/partymgr/PartyMenus.xml#L152
[2]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/framework/widget/dtd/widget-common.xsd#L565

Kind Regards,
Deepak Dixit
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT ENGINEERING
mobile: +91 9826754548
email: [hidden email]
*www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 8:53 PM Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Check the link type in *Menus.xml ... it is inter-app here you can give the
> link to other apps ... like ecommerce.
>
> Rishi Solanki
> *CTO, Mindpath Technology*
> Intelligent Solutions
> cell: +91-98932-87847
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
>

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM Ingo Wolfmayr <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > The application I am working on is an Ofbiz application. My question was
> > more about: Is it somehow possible to define a menu item from a different
> > ofbiz application. For examle can I  add a menu item to the "catalog"
> menu
> > from the ecommerce plugin.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Inog

Re: Add menuitem from plugin

iwolf
Thanks for the info but I think there is still missunderstanding:

Lets assume I create a new ofbiz application "reporting" as a backend
application for building reports (HTML, Birt ...). The reporting application
provides a menu item "Order Report Dashboard". It would be nice to have that
"dashboard" - the menu link defined in the reporting app shown in the order
menu item list - without adapting the order application.

Order
        - Main
        - Requests
        - Quotes
        - ...
        - Order report dashboard
Reporting
        - Main
        - Order report dashboard
        - Facility report dashboard
        - Catalog report dashboard
        - Accounting report dashboard

The idea: adding the reporting application as an add-on automatically adds the
menu items to the other applications as defined. I do not want to touch other
applications neither do I want to override the application from the reporting
application. If the reporting application is removed or the defined menu items
are removed the will automatically be removed from the other applications.

To make it as clear as possible: is there a mechanism that checks "menu item"
definitions from other applications before rendering.

Hope that makes it clearer :)
Thanks
Ingo

Am Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 16:23:14 CET schrieb Rishi Solanki:

> Check the link type in *Menus.xml ... it is inter-app here you can give the
> link to other apps ... like ecommerce.
>
> Rishi Solanki
> *CTO, Mindpath Technology*
> Intelligent Solutions
> cell: +91-98932-87847
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
>

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM Ingo Wolfmayr <[hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
> > The application I am working on is an Ofbiz application. My question was
> > more about: Is it somehow possible to define a menu item from a different
> > ofbiz application. For examle can I  add a menu item to the "catalog" menu
> > from the ecommerce plugin.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Inog

Re: Add menuitem from plugin

Deepak Dixit-4
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the detail,
This kind of mechanism is not present at OOTB level, you can check
component existence and based on this you can render link

Please refer following for example, this is not the perfect solution but
you can achieve what you want :)
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/framework/common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#L137
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/product/widget/catalog/CatalogMenus.xml#L178

Kind Regards,