Adding UILabels

SkipDever
I have added tons of UI labels.  Up to this point, I have just added them to
the ui labels.property file in the config directory of the modified
application.

Now I want to update to the latest version and I now have to re-modify all
these properties files.

I thought I could just put them in a properties file in the config folder in
the hot-deploy directory where I have the other modified code, but they are
not found.

My hot-deploy screens and all get loaded just fine and the java code
intended to override the base application code works just fine.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the properties in my hot-deploy/config
folder to load with the main application?

For example, I have lots of modifications to Party.  I have a
hot-deploy/partymods folder.  How can I get my properties in the
hot-deploy/partymods/config/PartyModsUILabels.properties to be available to
the Party application?

Skip
Checked by AVG.
4:59 PM

Re: Adding UILabels

BJ Freeman
your widgets need to include the path to the component.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/14/2008 5:47 PM:

> I have added tons of UI labels.  Up to this point, I have just added them to
> the ui labels.property file in the config directory of the modified
> application.
>
> Now I want to update to the latest version and I now have to re-modify all
> these properties files.
>
> I thought I could just put them in a properties file in the config folder in
> the hot-deploy directory where I have the other modified code, but they are
> not found.
>
> My hot-deploy screens and all get loaded just fine and the java code
> intended to override the base application code works just fine.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to get the properties in my hot-deploy/config
> folder to load with the main application?
>
> For example, I have lots of modifications to Party.  I have a
> hot-deploy/partymods folder.  How can I get my properties in the
> hot-deploy/partymods/config/PartyModsUILabels.properties to be available to
> the Party application?
>
> Skip
> Checked by AVG.
> 4:59 PM

Re: Adding UILabels

BJ Freeman
in your ofbiz component
you have a path
    <classpath type="dir" location="config"/>
so if you have property files there then in the CommonScreens.xml
declare all you properties files
               <property-map resource="yourUiLabels"
map-name="uiLabelMap" global="true"/>

BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/14/2008 8:52 PM:

> your widgets need to include the path to the component.
>
> skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/14/2008 5:47 PM:
>> I have added tons of UI labels.  Up to this point, I have just added them to
>> the ui labels.property file in the config directory of the modified
>> application.
>>
>> Now I want to update to the latest version and I now have to re-modify all
>> these properties files.
>>
>> I thought I could just put them in a properties file in the config folder in
>> the hot-deploy directory where I have the other modified code, but they are
>> not found.
>>
>> My hot-deploy screens and all get loaded just fine and the java code
>> intended to override the base application code works just fine.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how to get the properties in my hot-deploy/config
>> folder to load with the main application?
>>
>> For example, I have lots of modifications to Party.  I have a
>> hot-deploy/partymods folder.  How can I get my properties in the
>> hot-deploy/partymods/config/PartyModsUILabels.properties to be available to
>> the Party application?
>>
>> Skip
>> Checked by AVG.
>> 4:59 PM

Re: Adding UILabels

Adrian Crum
An alternative to adding the folder to the classpath is to specify the
location of the properties file using the component:// syntax.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

> in your ofbiz component
> you have a path
>     <classpath type="dir" location="config"/>
> so if you have property files there then in the CommonScreens.xml
> declare all you properties files
>                <property-map resource="yourUiLabels"
> map-name="uiLabelMap" global="true"/>
>

> BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/14/2008 8:52 PM:
>> your widgets need to include the path to the component.
>>
>> skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/14/2008 5:47 PM:
>>> I have added tons of UI labels.  Up to this point, I have just added them to
>>> the ui labels.property file in the config directory of the modified
>>> application.
>>>
>>> Now I want to update to the latest version and I now have to re-modify all
>>> these properties files.
>>>
>>> I thought I could just put them in a properties file in the config folder in
>>> the hot-deploy directory where I have the other modified code, but they are
>>> not found.
>>>
>>> My hot-deploy screens and all get loaded just fine and the java code
>>> intended to override the base application code works just fine.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any idea how to get the properties in my hot-deploy/config
>>> folder to load with the main application?
>>>
>>> For example, I have lots of modifications to Party.  I have a
>>> hot-deploy/partymods folder.  How can I get my properties in the
>>> hot-deploy/partymods/config/PartyModsUILabels.properties to be available to
>>> the Party application?
>>>
>>> Skip
>>> Checked by AVG.
>>> 4:59 PM

RE: Adding UILabels

SkipDever
Thanks BJ

This is exactly what I needed

Skip

    <classpath type="dir" location="config"/>
so if you have property files there then in the CommonScreens.xml
declare all you properties files
               <property-map resource="yourUiLabels"
map-name="uiLabelMap" global="true"/>

BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/14/2008 8:52 PM:
> your widgets need to include the path to the component.
>
> skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/14/2008 5:47 PM:
>> I have added tons of UI labels.  Up to this point, I have just added them
>> the ui labels.property file in the config directory of the modified
>> application.
>>
>> Now I want to update to the latest version and I now have to re-modify
all
>> these properties files.
>>
>> I thought I could just put them in a properties file in the config folder
in
>> the hot-deploy directory where I have the other modified code, but they
are
>> not found.
>>
>> My hot-deploy screens and all get loaded just fine and the java code
>> intended to override the base application code works just fine.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how to get the properties in my
hot-deploy/config
>> folder to load with the main application?
>>
>> For example, I have lots of modifications to Party.  I have a
>> hot-deploy/partymods folder.  How can I get my properties in the
>> hot-deploy/partymods/config/PartyModsUILabels.properties to be available
>> the Party application?
>>
>> Skip
>> Checked by AVG.
4/11/2008