Adding a New Employee

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

I am busy adding a new employee.  I filled in all of the required fields,
but when I click Save then it tells me to add a Contact telephone is
missing.  I just added the required fields, and if I scroll down to the
section where the telephone numbers are then it doesn't say required any
where.  Why does it tell me to add a contact number if it is not a required
field/fields??

What does solicitation mean?

Thanks

Brendan

Re: Adding a New Employee

is for the create person page that had the same problem
maybe you can use this as a learning tool to get familar with ofbiz and
submit a patch.
here is more

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/26/2007 5:37 AM:

> Hi,
>

> I am busy adding a new employee.  I filled in all of the required fields,
> but when I click Save then it tells me to add a Contact telephone is
> missing.  I just added the required fields, and if I scroll down to the
> section where the telephone numbers are then it doesn't say required any
> where.  Why does it tell me to add a contact number if it is not a required
> field/fields??
>

> What does solicitation mean?
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

RE: Adding a New Employee

Brendan Vogt
Ok I submitted a request.  What would you say is a patch, a task?

But what does solicitation mean?

is for the create person page that had the same problem
maybe you can use this as a learning tool to get familar with ofbiz and
submit a patch.
here is more

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/26/2007 5:37 AM:
> Hi,
>

> I am busy adding a new employee.  I filled in all of the required fields,
> but when I click Save then it tells me to add a Contact telephone is
> missing.  I just added the required fields, and if I scroll down to the
> section where the telephone numbers are then it doesn't say required any
> where.  Why does it tell me to add a contact number if it is not a
required

> field/fields??
>

> What does solicitation mean?
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

Re: Adding a New Employee

BJ Freeman
There is some confusion that putting in a Jira issues means someone will
fix it. Usually it will be up to the person that submitted it to fix it.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices
is a good place to start.
Additional information.
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

solicitation means that this person would receive email, phone calls
from ofbiz and/or the people that use ofbiz for marketing.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/26/2007 6:11 AM:

> Ok I submitted a request.  What would you say is a patch, a task?
>
> But what does solicitation mean?

RE: Adding a New Employee

Brendan Vogt