Advice configuring products

Christoffer
Hi'

I am configuring the demo data to fit my needs.

I need some thoughts about configuring products for recurring charge.

I have several products which are all very similar. They vary in design, but
costs the exact same always, and I always buy from the same suppliers in
this product category. I want to sell each design in different timespans
(design1 in january, design2 in february etc.).  Would it be possible to add
a product features like "January Design 2009", and still distinguish them
somehow in inventory, and place them in different positions in the
warehouse?

Another reason why I would like it to be same product is that i am thinking
of making a recurring charge (subscription service) on these products. If I
split them up to different product, I am guessing it would be difficult for
me to make recurring charge (that the customer automatically get charged
$XXX). I would have to set up my own schedule to create orders, and I would
have to save cc info, which I really don't want to do because of security
reasons and rules.

--
Best regards

Christoffer Munck