Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

Rupinder
Hi,

I want to implement a functionality that when a user registers himself with ecommerce application, should be approved by administrator before he is able to login. For this purpose I have found the following functionality but could not complete the process. So plz help.

In "Product store" setting (webtools -> Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz E-Commerce Store [9000]), there is a option of "Allow Password". By default this option is "Y". This means when user fills "user registration form" the "password" text field is visible, so that user can specify his password.
But when this field "Allow Password" is set to "N", the "password" text field in "user registration form" becomes invisible and the following message is displayed instead: "You will receive a password by email when your new account is approved."

So, now how to approve these accounts and send emails containing password?

Re: Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

Vamsi
Do you want do that manually or automated?

On 2/11/08, Rupinder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement a functionality that when a user registers himself
> with
> ecommerce application, should be approved by administrator before he is
> able
> to login. For this purpose I have found the following functionality but
> could not complete the process. So plz help.
>
> In "Product store" setting (webtools -> Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
> E-Commerce Store [9000]), there is a option of "Allow Password". By
> default
> this option is "Y". This means when user fills "user registration form"
> the
> "password" text field is visible, so that user can specify his password.
> But when this field "Allow Password" is set to "N", the "password" text
> field in "user registration form" becomes invisible and the following
> message is displayed instead: "You will receive a password by email when
> your new account is approved."
>
> So, now how to approve these accounts and send emails containing password?

Re: Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

Rupinder
Hi
Automated or manually both are invited. I think that there should be a already implemented procedure or funtionality for next steps. If not how it can be implemented.

Vamsi wrote

On 2/11/08, Rupinder <rupinders@voltix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement a functionality that when a user registers himself
> with
> ecommerce application, should be approved by administrator before he is
> able
> to login. For this purpose I have found the following functionality but
> could not complete the process. So plz help.
>
> In "Product store" setting (webtools -> Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
> E-Commerce Store [9000]), there is a option of "Allow Password". By
> default
> this option is "Y". This means when user fills "user registration form"
> the
> "password" text field is visible, so that user can specify his password.
> But when this field "Allow Password" is set to "N", the "password" text
> field in "user registration form" becomes invisible and the following
> message is displayed instead: "You will receive a password by email when
> your new account is approved."
>
> So, now how to approve these accounts and send emails containing password?

Re: Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

see
you can re-open this

Rupinder sent the following on 2/10/2008 11:17 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement a functionality that when a user registers himself with
> ecommerce application, should be approved by administrator before he is able
> to login. For this purpose I have found the following functionality but
> could not complete the process. So plz help.
>
> In "Product store" setting (webtools -> Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
> E-Commerce Store [9000]), there is a option of "Allow Password". By default
> this option is "Y". This means when user fills "user registration form" the
> "password" text field is visible, so that user can specify his password.
> But when this field "Allow Password" is set to "N", the "password" text
> field in "user registration form" becomes invisible and the following
> message is displayed instead: "You will receive a password by email when
> your new account is approved."
>
> So, now how to approve these accounts and send emails containing password?

Re: Approval of new user account (In user registration module)

Rupinder
    Isn' t there any way out of this problem.
Please help.

Rupinder wrote