Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda
Hello,

I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize what is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:

This is the scenario:

1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an output parameter.
2. I need to publish this service via soap.
3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic entities in an array of pojos
   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)

Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this task?

In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives do you suggest?

Thank you very much!

Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

I think the most advanced work on this issue is in trunk : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1008
This handles the array case, but not complex types in it. For that you still have to use Axis

Jacques

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize what
> is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:
>
> This is the scenario:
>
> 1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an output
> parameter.
> 2. I need to publish this service via soap.
> 3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic entities
> in an array of pojos
>   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)
>
> Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this
> task?
>
> In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives do
> you suggest?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda
Thank you Jacques.

I will try the Axis + Ofbiz integration and will post the results

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <alfredo.rueda@opentrends.net>

> Hello,
>
> I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize what
> is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:
>
> This is the scenario:
>
> 1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an output
> parameter.
> 2. I need to publish this service via soap.
> 3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic entities
> in an array of pojos
>   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)
>
> Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this
> task?
>
> In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives do
> you suggest?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda

Hello Jacques,

I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task, however the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use Axis server, am I right?).
 I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service deployed in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a unique Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in wich I will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats? (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)

On the other hand, in the following post: http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645 Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without deploying the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so kind to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <alfredo.rueda@opentrends.net>

> Hello,
>
> I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize what
> is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:
>
> This is the scenario:
>
> 1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an output
> parameter.
> 2. I need to publish this service via soap.
> 3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic entities
> in an array of pojos
>   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)
>
> Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this
> task?
>
> In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives do
> you suggest?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo,

SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
(on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So I suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.

Jacques

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>

> Hello Jacques,
>
> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task, however
> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
> Axis server, am I right?).
> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service deployed
> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a unique
> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in wich I
> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>
> On the other hand, in the following post:
> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without deploying
> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so kind
> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>> I think the most advanced work on this issue is in trunk :
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1008
>> This handles the array case, but not complex types in it. For that you
>> still have to use Axis
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize
>>> what
>>> is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:
>>>
>>> This is the scenario:
>>>
>>> 1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an
>>> output
>>> parameter.
>>> 2. I need to publish this service via soap.
>>> 3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic
>>> entities
>>> in an array of pojos
>>>   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)
>>>
>>> Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this
>>> task?
>>>
>>> In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives
>>> do
>>> you suggest?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda
Hello!

I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with Ofbiz (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
Thanks for the advice.
It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to share a HowTo and working sample code.

Regards,

Alfredo

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <alfredo.rueda@opentrends.net>

> Hello Jacques,
>
> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task, however
> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
> Axis server, am I right?).
> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service deployed
> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a unique
> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in wich I
> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>
> On the other hand, in the following post:
> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without deploying
> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so kind
> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>> I think the most advanced work on this issue is in trunk :
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1008
>> This handles the array case, but not complex types in it. For that you
>> still have to use Axis
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <alfredo.rueda@opentrends.net>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I can't realize
>>> what
>>> is the current solution in ofbiz to this problem:
>>>
>>> This is the scenario:
>>>
>>> 1. I have an ofbiz service that has a list of generic entities as an
>>> output
>>> parameter.
>>> 2. I need to publish this service via soap.
>>> 3. I can do a simple postprocess that converts the list of generic
>>> entities
>>> in an array of pojos
>>>   (hoping that this will simplify the problem)
>>>
>>> Is there any solutions/examples in ofbiz documentation to acomplish this
>>> task?
>>>
>>> In case it was not possible through a simple solution, what alternatives
>>> do
>>> you suggest?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> Alfredo Rueda

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Florin Popa
Hello,

Sure I am interested in the solution developed.

Thanks in advance,
 Flopa

> Hello!
>
> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with Ofbiz
> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
> Thanks for the advice.
> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to share
> a HowTo and working sample code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>
>> Alfredo,
>>
>> SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are
>> far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
>> yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is
>> the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
>> (on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So I
>> suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
>> enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Hello Jacques,
>>>
>>> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
>>> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
>>> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task,
>>> however
>>> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
>>> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
>>> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
>>> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
>>> Axis server, am I right?).
>>> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service
>>> deployed
>>> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
>>> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a
>>> unique
>>> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in
>>> wich I
>>> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
>>> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>>>
>>> On the other hand, in the following post:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
>>> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without
>>> deploying
>>> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so
>>> kind
>>> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Adrian Crum
Why not put your solution on the Wiki?

-Adrian

Alfredo Rueda wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with Ofbiz
> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
> Thanks for the advice.
> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to share
> a HowTo and working sample code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>> Alfredo,
>>
>> SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are
>> far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
>> yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is
>> the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
>> (on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So I
>> suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
>> enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hello Jacques,
>>>
>>> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
>>> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
>>> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task,
>>> however
>>> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
>>> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
>>> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
>>> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
>>> Axis server, am I right?).
>>> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service
>>> deployed
>>> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
>>> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a
>>> unique
>>> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in
>>> wich I
>>> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
>>> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>>>
>>> On the other hand, in the following post:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
>>> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without
>>> deploying
>>> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so
>>> kind
>>> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda
I didn't know this possibility. I'm very new to Ofbiz. Has the Ofbiz Wiki public access?

Adrian Crum wrote

Alfredo Rueda wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with Ofbiz
> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
> Thanks for the advice.
> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to share
> a HowTo and working sample code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>> Alfredo,
>>
>> SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are
>> far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
>> yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is
>> the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
>> (on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So I
>> suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
>> enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <alfredo.rueda@opentrends.net>
>>>
>>> Hello Jacques,
>>>
>>> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
>>> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
>>> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task,
>>> however
>>> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
>>> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
>>> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
>>> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
>>> Axis server, am I right?).
>>> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service
>>> deployed
>>> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
>>> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a
>>> unique
>>> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in
>>> wich I
>>> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
>>> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>>>
>>> On the other hand, in the following post:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
>>> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without
>>> deploying
>>> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so
>>> kind
>>> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

That's great,

Feel free to open a new page under http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo.
Add also an index to point to it from  the Soap section. Please try to use the wiki markup mode rather than Rich text when editing
the FAQ page. Anyway I will take care of this last aspect in case you don"t see what I mean.

Jacques

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>

> Hello!
>
> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with Ofbiz
> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
> Thanks for the advice.
> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to share
> a HowTo and working sample code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>> Alfredo,
>>
>> SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are
>> far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
>> yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is
>> the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
>> (on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So I
>> suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
>> enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>>

>>> Hello Jacques,
>>>
>>> I'm new to web services so I've researched some information about how to
>>> deploy a web service that returns an array of pojos in Axis.
>>> There are many tutorials that explain how to accomplish this task,
>>> however
>>> the problem I'm facing now is that all the tutorials assume that you will
>>> deploy the web service in a fresh new Tomcat installation.
>>> So my question is how can I deploy a web service in the Tomcat shipped
>>> inside Ofbiz (as far as I now, Ofbiz deploys a complete and ready to use
>>> Axis server, am I right?).
>>> I'm assuming that the overall arquitecture is that the web service
>>> deployed
>>> in Axis will act as a proxy between the client and the Ofbiz server that
>>> returns a list of generic entities. The final arquitecture will be a
>>> unique
>>> Tomcat ( the one embedded in Ofbiz) that will host the Axis server in
>>> wich I
>>> will deploy my web service or it's necessary to instantiate two Tomcats?
>>> (The Ofbiz one and the Tomcat for my web service)
>>>
>>> On the other hand, in the following post:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Using-SOAP-complex-types-with-OfBiz-to9180865.html#a20617645
>>> Michael explains that it's possible to accomplish the task without
>>> deploying
>>> the web service directly in Axis. I'm really confused. Would you be so
>>> kind
>>> to clarify his approach, please? Thank you very much

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

anand joshi
hi all
 i have created one page , i want to set the all permission for that
page , how to do it.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Jacques Le Roux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's great,
>
> Feel free to open a new page under
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo.
> Add also an index to point to it from  the Soap section. Please try to use
> the wiki markup mode rather than Rich text when editing the FAQ page. Anyway
> I will take care of this last aspect in case you don"t see what I mean.
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with
>> Ofbiz
>> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
>> Thanks for the advice.
>> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
>> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
>> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to
>> share
>> a HowTo and working sample code.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Alfredo
>>

>> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>>
>>> Alfredo,
>>>
>>> SOAPClientEngine and and SOAPEventHandler classes uses Axis but they are
>>> far from complete. You need to deal with complex type
>>> yourself. I'm sorry to say that I did not work on that myself. Michael is
>>> the person which has made the most advanced reports so far
>>> (on MLs) on this subject and made the array enhancement contribution. So
>>> suggest that you follow his advices. Of course any
>>> enhancement on this subject would be very appreciated.
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>

Anand......

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Anand,

Are you speaking about a wiki page ? I did not see any message broadcasted by Confluence about any pages you added.
Could you be more specific ?

Jacques

From: "anand joshi" <[hidden email]>

> hi all
> i have created one page , i want to set the all permission for that
> page , how to do it.
>

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Jacques Le Roux
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's great,
>>
>> Feel free to open a new page under
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo.
>> Add also an index to point to it from  the Soap section. Please try to use
>> the wiki markup mode rather than Rich text when editing the FAQ page. Anyway
>> I will take care of this last aspect in case you don"t see what I mean.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Alfredo Rueda" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have finally resolved the problem using Axis2 Server integrated with
>>> Ofbiz
>>> (Axis2 Server running as a webapp inside Ofbiz!).
>>> Thanks for the advice.
>>> It's a very simple and clean solution. Now I can develop a WebServices
>>> Facade to offer Ofbiz Services to other systems.
>>> If some other developer is interested in this topic, I will be glad to
>>> share
>>> a HowTo and working sample code.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Alfredo

> Anand......

Re: Array of pojos as an output parameter of an ofbiz service exported via soap

Alfredo Rueda
Hello!

Check this:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Export+Ofbiz+Services+that+use+complex+type+parameters+via+SOAP