Attaching product spec sheets to products

Attaching product spec sheets to products

Eric Crawford
Does anyone know if ofbiz provides functionality to attach PDF spec
sheets to products so a customer can view them in the ecommerce
application? Thank you.

Re: Attaching product spec sheets to products

AFAIK not OOTB, but this seems easy to do.

Jacques

Re: Attaching product spec sheets to products

Eric Crawford
I don't think it would be too bad either. Would you recommend that I
create a JIRA issue for this? I will probably implement it within a
week or so. I am not positive that it is something that the community
would benefit from, but it sounds like it would be.
On 2/18/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AFAIK not OOTB, but this seems easy to do.
>
> Jacques

Daniel Kunkel
One super-easy way that wouldn't even require any changes to OFBiz is to
add links to the pdf in product description. If you want an example, you
can see how we've even added flash music clips.

--
Daniel

*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
Have a GREAT Day!

Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
800-734-3588    425-895-0050
http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.Illusion-Optical.com
http://www.Card-Offer.com      http://www.RackWine.com
http://www.JokesBlonde.com     http://www.Brain-Fun.com
*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: Attaching product spec sheets to products

I forgot to recommend to have a look at http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices if not already
done. This of course before creating a patch.

Jacques

> I don't think it would be too bad either. Would you recommend that I
> create a JIRA issue for this? I will probably implement it within a
> week or so. I am not positive that it is something that the community
> would benefit from, but it sounds like it would be.
> On 2/18/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > AFAIK not OOTB, but this seems easy to do.
> >
> > Jacques

Thank you for your help. I will see how your suggestions work out and
only create a patch if necessary.

On 2/18/07, Daniel Kunkel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One super-easy way that wouldn't even require any changes to OFBiz is to
> add links to the pdf in product description. If you want an example, you
> can see how we've even added flash music clips.
>
> > I don't think it would be too bad either. Would you recommend that I
> > create a JIRA issue for this? I will probably implement it within a
> > week or so. I am not positive that it is something that the community
> > would benefit from, but it sounds like it would be.
> > On 2/18/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> --
> Daniel
>
> *-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
> Have a GREAT Day!
>
> Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
> BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
> 14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
> Bellevue, WA 98007
> 800-734-3588    425-895-0050
> http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.Illusion-Optical.com
> http://www.Card-Offer.com      http://www.RackWine.com
> http://www.JokesBlonde.com     http://www.Brain-Fun.com
> *-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: Attaching product spec sheets to products

David E Jones

You could also do something very generic and use the ProductContent
stuff. This is designed specifically for custom, structured content
that is specific to the needs of a particular site or type of product.

-David

On Feb 18, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Daniel Kunkel wrote:

> One super-easy way that wouldn't even require any changes to OFBiz
> is to
> add links to the pdf in product description. If you want an
> example, you
> can see how we've even added flash music clips.
>
>> I don't think it would be too bad either. Would you recommend that I
>> create a JIRA issue for this? I will probably implement it within a
>> week or so. I am not positive that it is something that the community
>> would benefit from, but it sounds like it would be.
>> On 2/18/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment