Auto read on View Communication Event page

Auto read on View Communication Event page

Pallavi Goyal
Hello Devs,

I was exploring the Communication Events in "Party" component.

I found that when an email is sent, its initial status for "Addressee" role
is "Created". But when we open the View Communication Event page, the
status is updated to "Read".

The service "setCommEventRoleToRead" runs on the screen
"ViewCommunicationEvent".

When the communication event is opened from find page, it changes the
status to "Read". But when the ViewCommunicationEvent page is
opened directly from URL with parameter communicationEventId="", it does
not mark them "Read".

The email should be marked "Read" manually.

If I am missing something here, then please enlighten me.

Thanks and Regards,
Pallavi Goyal

Re: Auto read on View Communication Event page

taher
Hello Pallavi,

All good questions, but I think it's better to start this thread in
the user ML as it is more appropriate to ask that question over there.

Cheers,

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Pallavi Goyal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> I was exploring the Communication Events in "Party" component.
>
> I found that when an email is sent, its initial status for "Addressee" role
> is "Created". But when we open the View Communication Event page, the
> status is updated to "Read".
>
> The service "setCommEventRoleToRead" runs on the screen
> "ViewCommunicationEvent".
>
> When the communication event is opened from find page, it changes the
> status to "Read". But when the ViewCommunicationEvent page is
> opened directly from URL with parameter communicationEventId="", it does
> not mark them "Read".
>
> The email should be marked "Read" manually.
>
> If I am missing something here, then please enlighten me.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Pallavi Goyal

Re: Auto read on View Communication Event page

Deepak Dixit-3
Thanks Taher.

I agree with Pallavi that communication event role status should not
automatically changed to Read on viewing communication.

Pallavi could you please create an ticket for the same?

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Pallavi,
>
> All good questions, but I think it's better to start this thread in
> the user ML as it is more appropriate to ask that question over there.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Pallavi Goyal <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > I was exploring the Communication Events in "Party" component.
> >
> > I found that when an email is sent, its initial status for "Addressee"
> role
> > is "Created". But when we open the View Communication Event page, the
> > status is updated to "Read".
> >
> > The service "setCommEventRoleToRead" runs on the screen
> > "ViewCommunicationEvent".
> >
> > When the communication event is opened from find page, it changes the
> > status to "Read". But when the ViewCommunicationEvent page is
> > opened directly from URL with parameter communicationEventId="", it does
> > not mark them "Read".
> >
> > The email should be marked "Read" manually.
> >
> > If I am missing something here, then please enlighten me.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Pallavi Goyal

Re: Auto read on View Communication Event page

Pallavi Goyal-2
Thanks Taher and Deepak!

I have made a ticket for the same. Here is the link to it - OFBIZ-9473
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9473>.

Best Regards,
Pallavi Goyal

--