BillingAccount credit sale payments

Daniel Riquelme
Hi,

I would like to know if is possible to express future payments in a credit
sale.
Perhaps with some sort of payment schedule which indicates due date and
amount for payments.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

BJ Freeman
Agreements

Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:23 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if is possible to express future payments in a credit
> sale.
> Perhaps with some sort of payment schedule which indicates due date and
> amount for payments.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Daniel Riquelme
Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Agreements
>
> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:23 PM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know if is possible to express future payments in a
> credit
> > sale.
> > Perhaps with some sort of payment schedule which indicates due date and
> > amount for payments.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Daniel

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Daniel Riquelme
Correct me if I'm wrong.
To express that the payment to an order is to be divided in 12 sub payments
each of them due the 15th of the following 12 months I need to create an
Agreement that says something like:
Payment (due on specified day of month), Term value = 15
Payment (number of sub payments), Term value = 12

My question is:
If the following 15th the client has paid, how do I apply that payment to
the agreement ?

I would like to send to the client the following information regarding their
due payments:
For the product X you have made 10 sub payments out of 11
For the priduct Y you owe me your 5th sub payment out of (10), and it's over
due so you owe me Z in interest.

Thanks four your help.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Daniel Riquelme
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks, I'll take a look at them.
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Agreements
>>
>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:23 PM:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I would like to know if is possible to express future payments in a
>> credit
>> > sale.
>> > Perhaps with some sort of payment schedule which indicates due date and
>> > amount for payments.
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Daniel

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

BJ Freeman
hopefully someone that is doing the financial can tell you about  the
connection of agreements to receivables.
The agreement is the contract, but the invoice that is generated from
the agreement would be what you put you payments against. I believe this
is implemented but would have to check.
service (not yet done) can be scheduled to run on certain day like  15th
to check if payments are made.

the part I do know is that the email to send such info and the widgets
to create the format you have is not in ofbiz at this moment.
however all the data is available.

the payments should have the invoice number on them to be applied correctly.

Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:54 PM:

> Correct me if I'm wrong.
> To express that the payment to an order is to be divided in 12 sub payments
> each of them due the 15th of the following 12 months I need to create an
> Agreement that says something like:
> Payment (due on specified day of month), Term value = 15
> Payment (number of sub payments), Term value = 12
>
> My question is:
> If the following 15th the client has paid, how do I apply that payment to
> the agreement ?
>
> I would like to send to the client the following information regarding their
> due payments:
> For the product X you have made 10 sub payments out of 11
> For the priduct Y you owe me your 5th sub payment out of (10), and it's over
> due so you owe me Z in interest.
>
> Thanks four your help.
>
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Daniel Riquelme
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I'll take a look at them.
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Agreements
>>>
>>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:23 PM:

>>> credit

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Jacopo Cappellato-3
I agree with BJ that using agreement terms is the best way to go;
agreement terms are transformed into order terms (if you select the
agreement when you initialize the order) and then into invoice terms;
and we have a pair of screens where you can see the calculated due
dates and amounts based on the invoice terms.
You can even skip the agreement definition, and you can manually add
all the order terms (i.e. the 12 sub payment definitions) during order
checkout.
When a payment is received from a customer, you have to apply it to
the invoice, not to the agreement.
The same payment can be applied (split up) to one or more invoices;
more payments can be applied to the same invoice... the data model is
very flexible here.

Jacopo

On Aug 8, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Daniel Riquelme wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong.
> To express that the payment to an order is to be divided in 12 sub
> payments
> each of them due the 15th of the following 12 months I need to
> create an
> Agreement that says something like:
> Payment (due on specified day of month), Term value = 15
> Payment (number of sub payments), Term value = 12
>
> My question is:
> If the following 15th the client has paid, how do I apply that
> payment to
> the agreement ?
>
> I would like to send to the client the following information
> regarding their
> due payments:
> For the product X you have made 10 sub payments out of 11
> For the priduct Y you owe me your 5th sub payment out of (10), and
> it's over
> due so you owe me Z in interest.
>
> Thanks four your help.
>
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Daniel Riquelme
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I'll take a look at them.
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Agreements
>>>
>>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:23 PM:

>>> credit

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

David E Jones

What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
determine terms on invoices or something?

The main entities, and related functionality to look at, are the
BillingAccount (has credit limit, and all invoices and payments
relevant are attached to it), and of course Invoice, Payment, and
PaymentApplication. Receivables are best reviewed with outstanding
invoices, which are of course posted to the GL too if it is setup
properly.

-David

On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:40 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> hopefully someone that is doing the financial can tell you about  the
> connection of agreements to receivables.
> The agreement is the contract, but the invoice that is generated from
> the agreement would be what you put you payments against. I believe
> this
> is implemented but would have to check.
> service (not yet done) can be scheduled to run on certain day like
> 15th
> to check if payments are made.
>
> the part I do know is that the email to send such info and the widgets
> to create the format you have is not in ofbiz at this moment.
> however all the data is available.
>
> the payments should have the invoice number on them to be applied
> correctly.
>

> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:54 PM:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>> To express that the payment to an order is to be divided in 12 sub
>> payments
>> each of them due the 15th of the following 12 months I need to
>> create an
>> Agreement that says something like:
>> Payment (due on specified day of month), Term value = 15
>> Payment (number of sub payments), Term value = 12
>>
>> My question is:
>> If the following 15th the client has paid, how do I apply that
>> payment to
>> the agreement ?
>>
>> I would like to send to the client the following information
>> regarding their
>> due payments:
>> For the product X you have made 10 sub payments out of 11
>> For the priduct Y you owe me your 5th sub payment out of (10), and
>> it's over
>> due so you owe me Z in interest.
>>
>> Thanks four your help.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Daniel Riquelme
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

BJ Freeman
so how is correct you or Jacopo

David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:46 PM:

> What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
> determine terms on invoices or something?
>
> The main entities, and related functionality to look at, are the
> BillingAccount (has credit limit, and all invoices and payments relevant
> are attached to it), and of course Invoice, Payment, and
> PaymentApplication. Receivables are best reviewed with outstanding
> invoices, which are of course posted to the GL too if it is setup properly.
>
> -David
>

> On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:40 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> hopefully someone that is doing the financial can tell you about  the
>> connection of agreements to receivables.
>> The agreement is the contract, but the invoice that is generated from
>> the agreement would be what you put you payments against. I believe this
>> is implemented but would have to check.
>> service (not yet done) can be scheduled to run on certain day like  15th
>> to check if payments are made.
>>
>> the part I do know is that the email to send such info and the widgets
>> to create the format you have is not in ofbiz at this moment.
>> however all the data is available.
>>
>> the payments should have the invoice number on them to be applied
>> correctly.
>>

>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:54 PM:
>>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>> To express that the payment to an order is to be divided in 12 sub
>>> payments
>>> each of them due the 15th of the following 12 months I need to create an
>>> Agreement that says something like:
>>> Payment (due on specified day of month), Term value = 15
>>> Payment (number of sub payments), Term value = 12
>>>
>>> My question is:
>>> If the following 15th the client has paid, how do I apply that
>>> payment to
>>> the agreement ?
>>>
>>> I would like to send to the client the following information
>>> regarding their
>>> due payments:
>>> For the product X you have made 10 sub payments out of 11
>>> For the priduct Y you owe me your 5th sub payment out of (10), and
>>> it's over
>>> due so you owe me Z in interest.
>>>
>>> Thanks four your help.

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

David E Jones

What's the difference... I see none.

-David

On Aug 7, 2008, at 11:51 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> so how is correct you or Jacopo
>
> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:46 PM:
>>
>> What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>> determine terms on invoices or something?
>>
>> The main entities, and related functionality to look at, are the
>> BillingAccount (has credit limit, and all invoices and payments
>> relevant
>> are attached to it), and of course Invoice, Payment, and
>> PaymentApplication. Receivables are best reviewed with outstanding
>> invoices, which are of course posted to the GL too if it is setup
>> properly.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:40 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> hopefully someone that is doing the financial can tell you about
>>> the
>>> connection of agreements to receivables.
>>> The agreement is the contract, but the invoice that is generated
>>> from
>>> the agreement would be what you put you payments against. I
>>> believe this
>>> is implemented but would have to check.
>>> service (not yet done) can be scheduled to run on certain day
>>> like  15th
>>> to check if payments are made.
>>>
>>> the part I do know is that the email to send such info and the
>>> widgets
>>> to create the format you have is not in ofbiz at this moment.
>>> however all the data is available.
>>>
>>> the payments should have the invoice number on them to be applied
>>> correctly.
>>>

>>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:54 PM:

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

David if you read the whole email we were talking about terms on billing
out, based on payment schedule.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:51 PM:

On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:51 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> so how is correct you or Jacopo

Whenever you have a doubt like this, the answer is very simple: David
is always right :-)
That said, I don't see a conflict in what David and I are saying
here... we are just focusing in different parts of the solution.

Jacopo

> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:46 PM:
>>
>> What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>> determine terms on invoices or something?
>>
>> The main entities, and related functionality to look at, are the
>> BillingAccount (has credit limit, and all invoices and payments
>> relevant
>> are attached to it), and of course Invoice, Payment, and
>> PaymentApplication. Receivables are best reviewed with outstanding
>> invoices, which are of course posted to the GL too if it is setup
>> properly.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:40 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> hopefully someone that is doing the financial can tell you about
>>> the
>>> connection of agreements to receivables.
>>> The agreement is the contract, but the invoice that is generated
>>> from
>>> the agreement would be what you put you payments against. I
>>> believe this
>>> is implemented but would have to check.
>>> service (not yet done) can be scheduled to run on certain day
>>> like  15th
>>> to check if payments are made.
>>>
>>> the part I do know is that the email to send such info and the
>>> widgets
>>> to create the format you have is not in ofbiz at this moment.
>>> however all the data is available.
>>>
>>> the payments should have the invoice number on them to be applied
>>> correctly.
>>>

>>> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:54 PM:

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

[What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
determine terms on invoices or something? ]

David  we were talking about, is determining terms on invoices. Like
payment schedule. To my way of thinking, any money owed the company, for
product or service sold, is receivables, from an accounting point of view.

so I am not sure why you expressed yourself, since it looks like we agree.

David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:57 PM:

> What's the difference... I see none.
>
> -David
>

> On Aug 7, 2008, at 11:51 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> so how is correct you or Jacopo
>>
>> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:46 PM:
>>>
>>> What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>>> determine terms on invoices or something?
>>>
>>> The main entities, and related functionality to look at, are the
>>> BillingAccount (has credit limit, and all invoices and payments relevant
>>> are attached to it), and of course Invoice, Payment, and
>>> PaymentApplication. Receivables are best reviewed with outstanding
>>> invoices, which are of course posted to the GL too if it is setup
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> -David

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Daniel Riquelme
I was thinking about doing something like this.

1) Define a TermType that specifies that an Invoice must be paid in N
monthly sub payments.
2) Perform a calculation every month to inform the customers how much do
they owe that specific month.

Perhaps in this monthly process it would be convenient to use a
SubPaymentInfo Entity to track debt and payment. This would simplify the
Debt Collection queries and customer pay analysis.

Daniel

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
> determine terms on invoices or something? ]
>
> David  we were talking about, is determining terms on invoices. Like
> payment schedule. To my way of thinking, any money owed the company, for
> product or service sold, is receivables, from an accounting point of view.
>
> so I am not sure why you expressed yourself, since it looks like we agree.
>

> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:57 PM:
> >
> > What's the difference... I see none.
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Aug 7, 2008, at 11:51 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> >> so how is correct you or Jacopo
> >>
> >> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:46 PM:

> relevant

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

BJ Freeman
to clarify the agreement should be done for the client before they
order. since you many be giving them price break, etc.
and part of the agreement should have payment schedules.
look at the AcctgTrans entity.
you will probably have to write some services and ecas to accomplish
what you want for notifications and follow up.

Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/9/2008 1:09 PM:

> I was thinking about doing something like this.
>
> 1) Define a TermType that specifies that an Invoice must be paid in N
> monthly sub payments.
> 2) Perform a calculation every month to inform the customers how much do
> they owe that specific month.
>
> Perhaps in this monthly process it would be convenient to use a
> SubPaymentInfo Entity to track debt and payment. This would simplify the
> Debt Collection queries and customer pay analysis.
>
> Daniel
>
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>> determine terms on invoices or something? ]
>>
>> David  we were talking about, is determining terms on invoices. Like
>> payment schedule. To my way of thinking, any money owed the company, for
>> product or service sold, is receivables, from an accounting point of view.
>>
>> so I am not sure why you expressed yourself, since it looks like we agree.
>>

>> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:57 PM:
>>> What's the difference... I see none.
>>>
>>> -David

>> relevant

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Daniel,

Feel free top open a Jira issue for this...

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

> to clarify the agreement should be done for the client before they
> order. since you many be giving them price break, etc.
> and part of the agreement should have payment schedules.
> look at the AcctgTrans entity.
> you will probably have to write some services and ecas to accomplish
> what you want for notifications and follow up.
>

> Daniel Riquelme sent the following on 8/9/2008 1:09 PM:
>> I was thinking about doing something like this.
>>
>> 1) Define a TermType that specifies that an Invoice must be paid in N
>> monthly sub payments.
>> 2) Perform a calculation every month to inform the customers how much do
>> they owe that specific month.
>>
>> Perhaps in this monthly process it would be convenient to use a
>> SubPaymentInfo Entity to track debt and payment. This would simplify the
>> Debt Collection queries and customer pay analysis.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> [What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>>> determine terms on invoices or something? ]
>>>
>>> David  we were talking about, is determining terms on invoices. Like
>>> payment schedule. To my way of thinking, any money owed the company, for
>>> product or service sold, is receivables, from an accounting point of view.
>>>
>>> so I am not sure why you expressed yourself, since it looks like we agree.
>>>

>>> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:57 PM:

>>> relevant

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

Jacopo Cappellato-3
What we are doing now, is to add a term for each payment.
Here is the data defined in OFBiz to get an invoice that will be paid
with 3 payments:

     <TermType description="Payment net days, part 1" hasTable="N"
parentTypeId="FIN_PAYMENT_TERM" termTypeId="FIN_PAY_NETDAYS_1"/>
     <TermType description="Payment net days, part 2" hasTable="N"
parentTypeId="FIN_PAYMENT_TERM" termTypeId="FIN_PAY_NETDAYS_2"/>
     <TermType description="Payment net days, part 3" hasTable="N"
parentTypeId="FIN_PAYMENT_TERM" termTypeId="FIN_PAY_NETDAYS_3"/>

If you need more payments, you should create more records like the
ones above.
Then you just have to add all the one you want to the order, for
example if you want an order paid with 2 payments, you will add the
first two records:
Part1: termDays= 30, termValue=80 (i.e. pay within 30 days the 80% of
the order)
Part1: termDays= 60, termValue=20 (i.e. pay within 60 days the
remaining 20% of the order)

Jacopo

On Aug 9, 2008, at 10:09 PM, Daniel Riquelme wrote:

> I was thinking about doing something like this.
>
> 1) Define a TermType that specifies that an Invoice must be paid in N
> monthly sub payments.
> 2) Perform a calculation every month to inform the customers how
> much do
> they owe that specific month.
>
> Perhaps in this monthly process it would be convenient to use a
> SubPaymentInfo Entity to track debt and payment. This would simplify
> the
> Debt Collection queries and customer pay analysis.
>
> Daniel
>
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> [What do receivables have to do with agreements, except perhaps to
>> determine terms on invoices or something? ]
>>
>> David  we were talking about, is determining terms on invoices. Like
>> payment schedule. To my way of thinking, any money owed the
>> company, for
>> product or service sold, is receivables, from an accounting point
>> of view.
>>
>> so I am not sure why you expressed yourself, since it looks like we
>> agree.
>>

>> David E Jones sent the following on 8/7/2008 10:57 PM:
>>>
>>> What's the difference... I see none.
>>>
>>> -David

>> relevant

Re: BillingAccount credit sale payments

for tracking look at
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/findInvoices
by looking at dates you know which ones are outstanding.
this would seem the simplest way, add to the list a new section each for
30-60-90
you can create a service that  looks for any pastdue. just pass the
number of days in.
this service can then call services to email and put logs you can evaluate.