Broken demo

Tim Ruppert
Adam, when you get a chance, with all of your mods - can you take a look at what's broken in the OOTB stuff in the demo?

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Broken demo

Adam Heath-2
Tim Ruppert wrote:
> Adam, when you get a chance, with all of your mods - can you take a look
> at what's broken in the OOTB stuff in the demo?
>
> http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/

Er, I can't debug a remote machine.  Please verify whether things are
working in a checkout from head.  I do not know if the above is running
the latest head.

Re: Broken demo

Tim Ruppert
It's running from a stock checkout from last night.  I was just wondering as these things are going in - if any of these are being tested.  if not, then I'd say we should probably look at what's happening.

No need for box access today as far as I can tell - just wanna ensure we're checking those bases and wasn't sure if anyone had seen this as of yet.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Tim Ruppert wrote:
Adam, when you get a chance, with all of your mods - can you take a look
at what's broken in the OOTB stuff in the demo?

Er, I can't debug a remote machine.  Please verify whether things are
working in a checkout from head.  I do not know if the above is running
the latest head.

Re: Broken demo

Scott Gray
Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
content_categories.ftl.

Regards
Scott

On 20/10/2007, Tim Ruppert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's running from a stock checkout from last night.  I was just wondering
> as these things are going in - if any of these are being tested.  if not,
> then I'd say we should probably look at what's happening.
> No need for box access today as far as I can tell - just wanna ensure
> we're checking those bases and wasn't sure if anyone had seen this as of
> yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>

> On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> Tim Ruppert wrote:
>
> Adam, when you get a chance, with all of your mods - can you take a look
> at what's broken in the OOTB stuff in the demo?
>
> http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/
>

> Er, I can't debug a remote machine.  Please verify whether things are
> working in a checkout from head.  I do not know if the above is running
> the latest head.

Re: Broken demo

Scott Gray
The exception seems to occur in LoopSubContentCacheTransform on line 120:
119:            List globalNodeTrail = (List) ctx.get("globalNodeTrail");
120:            globalNodeTrail.add(trailNode);

Scott

On 20/10/2007, Scott Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
> content_categories.ftl.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 20/10/2007, Tim Ruppert < [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It's running from a stock checkout from last night.  I was just
> > wondering as these things are going in - if any of these are being tested.
> >  if not, then I'd say we should probably look at what's happening.
> > No need for box access today as far as I can tell - just wanna ensure
> > we're checking those bases and wasn't sure if anyone had seen this as of
> > yet.
> >
> >         Cheers,
> > Tim
> > --
> > Tim Ruppert
> > HotWax Media
> > http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
> >
> > o:801.649.6594
> > f:801.649.6595
> >

> > On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
> >
> > Tim Ruppert wrote:
> >
> > Adam, when you get a chance, with all of your mods - can you take a look
> > at what's broken in the OOTB stuff in the demo?
> >
> > http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/
> >

> > Er, I can't debug a remote machine.  Please verify whether things are
> > working in a checkout from head.  I do not know if the above is running
> > the latest head.

Re: Broken demo

Adam Heath-2
Scott Gray wrote:
> Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
> content_categories.ftl.

OfBiz sucks.  It's not printing the proper exception.  It's showing the
wrapped exception, so now I have to dig into the code.

I would just *love* it if the exception handling in ofbiz was improved.

Re: Broken demo

Adam Heath-2
Scott Gray wrote:
> Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
> content_categories.ftl.

Ok, I see the exception.  javolution collections don't support nulls,
which suck.

Re: Broken demo

BJ Freeman
appreciate it if you did not use such language on ML
referring to the last word in the message.

Adam Heath sent the following on 10/19/2007 3:23 PM:
> Scott Gray wrote:
>> Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
>> content_categories.ftl.
>
> Ok, I see the exception.  javolution collections don't support nulls,
> which suck.

Re: Broken demo

Adam Heath-2
BJ Freeman wrote:
> appreciate it if you did not use such language on ML
> referring to the last word in the message.

Why?  No, really, why?  I'd like to know.

Re: Broken demo

BJ Freeman
well for starters I don't know that non live object can to that.
unless your are referring that you do.

Adam Heath sent the following on 10/19/2007 3:42 PM:

Adam Heath wrote:
> Scott Gray wrote:
>> Yeah its a problem on the head, something to do with rendering
>> content_categories.ftl.
>
> Ok, I see the exception.  javolution collections don't support nulls,
> which suck.

I was incorrect in my diagnosis.  The actual problem is a bug in
javoution.util.FastList.

The javadocs say that you can do structural changes to the list returned
by List.subList(), and they will show in the backed-list.  They then go
on to say changes to the backed list may or may not be shown in the
sublist(ie, they are undefined).

For example, you can do list.subList(from, to).clear().

However, javolution doesn't allow one to do structural changes to the
sublist; that's why there's an exception during the add() call.

Anyways, I fixed this in 586639, by switching FreeMarkerWorker back to
ArrayList.

Re: Broken demo

Adam Heath-2
Adam Heath wrote:

> However, javolution doesn't allow one to do structural changes to the
> sublist; that's why there's an exception during the add() call.

Attached you will find an example that showcases the problem.  I'll file
a bug with javolution.

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;
import javolution.util.FastList;

public class JavolutionBug {

    public static void doListTest(String label, List data) {
        System.err.println("label[" + label + "]");
        try {
            for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++) {
                data.add(Integer.valueOf(i));
            }
            List sub = data.subList(5, 10);
            System.err.println("data=" + data);
            System.err.println("sub=" + sub);
            sub.add("abc");
            System.err.println("data=" + data);
            System.err.println("sub=" + sub);
        } catch (Throwable t) {
            t.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

        doListTest("ArrayList", new ArrayList());
        doListTest("FastList", FastList.newInstance());
    }
}

Re: Broken demo

Tim Ruppert
I've been testing custom apps and running into issues all over the place with these changes.  As I've been scanning them, nothing sticks out as a pattern, but I'll keep looking.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Oct 19, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Adam Heath wrote:

However, javolution doesn't allow one to do structural changes to the
sublist; that's why there's an exception during the add() call.

Attached you will find an example that showcases the problem.  I'll file
a bug with javolution.
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;
import javolution.util.FastList;

public class JavolutionBug {

    public static void doListTest(String label, List data) {
        System.err.println("label[" + label + "]");
        try {
            for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++) {
                data.add(Integer.valueOf(i));
            }
            List sub = data.subList(5, 10);

Tim Ruppert wrote:
> I've been testing custom apps and running into issues all over the place
> with these changes.  As I've been scanning them, nothing sticks out as a
> pattern, but I'll keep looking.

If you have a problem, tell me which page and what parameters.  I'll do
binary svn reverts to find it.

Re: Broken demo

Tim Ruppert
Cool - I'll try and get it together.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Oct 19, 2007, at 7:59 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Tim Ruppert wrote:
I've been testing custom apps and running into issues all over the place
with these changes.  As I've been scanning them, nothing sticks out as a
pattern, but I'll keep looking.

If you have a problem, tell me which page and what parameters.  I'll do
binary svn reverts to find it.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment