Bulk import categories

rootsonwings
I am trying to import a list of categories. I have three level categories. I
can create parent association or any stuffs in XML. I dont know which XML
files or tables are associated with product categories.
I appreciate even pointer or hint on it.

Thank you
Anil

Re: Bulk import categories

BJ Freeman
suggest you look at the
applications\ecommerce\data\DemoProduct.xml

Anil Pathak sent the following on 4/19/2008 3:58 PM:
> I am trying to import a list of categories. I have three level categories. I
> can create parent association or any stuffs in XML. I dont know which XML
> files or tables are associated with product categories.
> I appreciate even pointer or hint on it.
>
> Thank you
> Anil

Re: Bulk import categories

rootsonwings
Thank you BJ,

is "long description of" before the category name, an internal stuff.

    <ProductCategory categoryName="Demo Browse Root"
        longDescription="Demo Catalog Primary Browse Root Category"
productCategoryId="CATALOG1" productCategoryTypeId="CATALOG_CATEGORY"/>
    <ProductCategory longDescription="*long description of *Gizmos"
        primaryParentCategoryId="CATALOG1" productCategoryId="100"

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> suggest you look at the
> applications\ecommerce\data\DemoProduct.xml
>
> Anil Pathak sent the following on 4/19/2008 3:58 PM:
> > I am trying to import a list of categories. I have three level
> categories. I
> > can create parent association or any stuffs in XML. I dont know which
> XML
> > files or tables are associated with product categories.
> > I appreciate even pointer or hint on it.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Anil

Re: Bulk import categories

BJ Freeman
best place to work thru this is
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=ProductCategory
since long descriptions is not in the relationship it does not need to
be  before

and
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
put
ProductCategory
in the search name

real handy tools

Anil Pathak sent the following on 4/19/2008 4:18 PM:

> Thank you BJ,
>
> is "long description of" before the category name, an internal stuff.
>
>     <ProductCategory categoryName="Demo Browse Root"
>         longDescription="Demo Catalog Primary Browse Root Category"
> productCategoryId="CATALOG1" productCategoryTypeId="CATALOG_CATEGORY"/>
>     <ProductCategory longDescription="*long description of *Gizmos"
>         primaryParentCategoryId="CATALOG1" productCategoryId="100"
> productCategoryTypeId="CATALOG_CATEGORY"/>
>

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> suggest you look at the
>> applications\ecommerce\data\DemoProduct.xml
>>
>> Anil Pathak sent the following on 4/19/2008 3:58 PM:
>>> I am trying to import a list of categories. I have three level
>> categories. I
>>> can create parent association or any stuffs in XML. I dont know which
>> XML
>>> files or tables are associated with product categories.
>>> I appreciate even pointer or hint on it.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Anil

RE: Bulk import categories

SkipDever
Also, as BJ has pointed out lots of times, make friends with this screen:

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=ProductCate
gory

as well as those screens for the other entities.

applications\ecommerce\data\DemoProduct.xml

Anil Pathak sent the following on 4/19/2008 3:58 PM:
> I am trying to import a list of categories. I have three level categories.
> can create parent association or any stuffs in XML. I dont know which XML
> files or tables are associated with product categories.
> I appreciate even pointer or hint on it.
>
> Thank you
> Anil

Checked by AVG.
9:34 AM