Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

Ashish Vijaywargiya
Hello,

We have WorkEffortNote entity and NoteData.
So I think we can remove the "noteId" reference that is refering to NoteData
entity from WorkEffort entity.

      <relation type="one" fk-name="WK_EFFRT_NOTE"
rel-entity-name="NoteData">
        <key-map field-name="noteId"/>
      </relation>

I would like to know if some hidden concept is there to keep "noteId" field
in the WorkEffort entity.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore (M.P), India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indore

Re: Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

BJ Freeman
not that I against it, just wonder why the WorkEffortNote was created
when there was a note system in place.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:28 AM:

> Hello,
>
> We have WorkEffortNote entity and NoteData.
> So I think we can remove the "noteId" reference that is refering to NoteData
> entity from WorkEffort entity.
>
>       <relation type="one" fk-name="WK_EFFRT_NOTE"
> rel-entity-name="NoteData">
>         <key-map field-name="noteId"/>
>       </relation>
>
> I would like to know if some hidden concept is there to keep "noteId" field
> in the WorkEffort entity.
> Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Re: Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

Ashish Vijaywargiya
BJ it may possible that any workeffort (aka Task or Project) may have more
then one Note provided by someone.
So it is good to keep WorkEffortNote entity in place.
But in case of WorkEffort entity at a time you can only associate SINGLE
noteId.

Indore (M.P), India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indore

Re: Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

Jacopo Cappellato-3
BJ,

WorkEffortNote is an associative entity between WorkEffort and the
common NoteData entity (pattern used in several other parts of the
system).

Jacopo

On Aug 7, 2008, at 6:34 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> not that I against it, just wonder why the WorkEffortNote was created
> when there was a note system in place.
>
> Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 8/7/2008 6:28 AM:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have WorkEffortNote entity and NoteData.
>> So I think we can remove the "noteId" reference that is refering to
>> NoteData
>> entity from WorkEffort entity.
>>
>>      <relation type="one" fk-name="WK_EFFRT_NOTE"
>> rel-entity-name="NoteData">
>>        <key-map field-name="noteId"/>
>>      </relation>
>>
>> I would like to know if some hidden concept is there to keep
>> "noteId" field
>> in the WorkEffort entity.
>> Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Re: Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

Ashish Vijaywargiya
+1

Indore (M.P), India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indore

Re: Can we remove the noteId field from WorkEffort Entity ?

And this concept is well explained in preliminary of Len Silverston's books (actually it comes from there I guess)

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <[hidden email]>