Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.

I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:

 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)

Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
need to change that ;))

I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
checked before creating a Jira for that...

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>
> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>
> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
>
> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
> need to change that ;))
Hi,

Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?

> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
> checked before creating a Jira for that...
Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Sharan Foga
Hi Jacques

Sorry I missed this.

+1 for changing the default theme to Rainbow Saphir (and correcting spelling in the name).

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-10-16 14:56, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 09/10/2017 à 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
> >
> > I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
> >
> > 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> > 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
> >
> > Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
> > need to change that ;))
> Hi,
>
> Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?
>

> > I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
> > checked before creating a Jira for that...
> Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)
>
> Jacques
>
> > Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Michael Brohl-3
+1

regards,

Michael

Am 16.10.17 um 14:56 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Le 09/10/2017 à 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>>
>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>>
>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the
>> only one doing that with Flat Grey)
>> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus
>> etc.)
>>
>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which
>> variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be
>> Sapphire and we need to change that ;))
> Hi,
>
> Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?
>

>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's
>> difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that
>> theme. To be checked before creating a Jira for that...
> Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't
> think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)
>
> Jacques
>
>> Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Nicolas Malin-2
+1

Nicolas

> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>
> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>
> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the
> only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus
> etc.)
>
> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which
> variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be
> Sapphire and we need to change that ;))
>
> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's
> difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme.
> To be checked before creating a Jira for that...

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Some news about that:

I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

I also want to update this page before

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to

I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme

Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?

> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>
> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>
> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
>
> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
> need to change that ;))
>
> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
> checked before creating a Jira for that...

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

stimits
This bug under Tomahawk theme was never addressed. I'd suggest removing Tomahawk as long as a default theme change is being discussed:

----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>To: [hidden email]: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:45:22 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Hi,

Some news about that:

I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

I also want to update this page before

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to

I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme

Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?

Le 09/10/2017 &agrave; 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we > need to change that ;))>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be > checked before creating a Jira for that...>> Jacques>>

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Hi Dan,

I'll not remove it but it will no longer be the default theme, WIP: http://markmail.org/message/yaerkxdecxv3lrdl

Jacques

Le 02/11/2017 à 19:30, [hidden email] a écrit :

> This bug under Tomahawk theme was never addressed. I'd suggest removing Tomahawk as long as a default theme change is being discussed:
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>To: [hidden email]: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:45:22 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir
>
> Hi,
>
> Some news about that:
>
> I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

> I also want to update this page before
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
>
> I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme
>
> Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?

> Le 09/10/2017 &agrave; 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we > need to change that ;))>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be > checked before creating a Jira for that...>> Jacques>>

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

This is done, the default theme in trunk is now Rainbow Saphir, see OFBIZ-9990

I have also updated https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+Gallery

BTW it would be great if we could use the same logo everywhere and get rid of old version at least in svn trunk
It's a mess in general with images. There are 3 locations: svn repo, main site and wiki.
We should link as much as possible from our svn repo. I even wonder if we should not ALWAYS link to it, even from the main site!

So having a copy of https://ofbiz.apache.org/images/OFBiz-logo.png into a svg file for use in Rainbow theme would be great
For consistency reason it would be great to be renamed ofbiz-logo.svg and placed in images for better shared access than in Rainbow images.
Should I create a Jira for that? Will someone take care of that for R17 coming?

TIA

> Some news about that:
>
> I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

> I also want to update this page before
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
>
> I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme
>
> Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?

> Le 09/10/2017 à 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>>
>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>>
>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
>> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
>>
>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
>> need to change that ;))
>>
>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
>> checked before creating a Jira for that...
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

stimits
Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>To: [hidden email]: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:10:28 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Le 02/11/2017 &agrave; 19:30, [hidden email] a &eacute;crit :> This bug under Tomahawk theme was never addressed. I'd suggest removing Tomahawk as long as a default theme change is being discussed:> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9270> > ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>To: [hidden email]: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:45:22 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir>> Hi,>> Some news about that:>> I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9863>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9867>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9923>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9924>> I also want to update this page before>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to>> I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme>> Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?>> Thanks>> Jacques>> Le 09/10/2017 &agrave; 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we > need to change that ;))>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be > checked before creating a Jira for that...>> Jacques>>>>

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

> BTW it would be great if we could use the same logo everywhere and get rid of old version at least in svn trunk
> It's a mess in general with images. There are 3 locations: svn repo, main site and wiki.
> We should link as much as possible from our svn repo. I even wonder if we should not ALWAYS link to it, even from the main site!
>
> So having a copy of https://ofbiz.apache.org/images/OFBiz-logo.png into a svg file for use in Rainbow theme would be great
> For consistency reason it would be great to be renamed ofbiz-logo.svg and placed in images for better shared access than in Rainbow images.
> Should I create a Jira for that? Will someone take care of that for R17 coming?
I have created OFBIZ-10034 for that, WIP...

Jacques