Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Emad Radwan
Hi Community,

Does any one know if while creating a new Customer a new related record would be created in 'Communication_Event table? I just need to know the default behaviour specially on production setup.

Regards,

Emad

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Pritam Kute
Hello Emad,

In OOTB flow, after creating a customer, the system calls
sendCreatePartyEmailNotification service asynchronously. This service is
called to send an email notification to the customer about account
creation. This causes the creation of a record in CommunicationEvent table.

I feel that sending email should be configurable but an initial cursory
look at the codebase doesn't guarantee about it. Also, one thing to notice
is that the CommunicationEvent created has a record with partyIdFrom as
FrenchCustomer which is completely wrong as it should be a company party.
The logic in createCommEventFromEmail (line no. 776) to find out "fromCm"
is what causing this problem. Any pointers from other community members to
this will help.

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:34 AM Emad Radwan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> Does any one know if while creating a new Customer a new related record
> would be created in 'Communication_Event table? I just need to know the
> default behaviour specially on production setup.
>
> Regards,
>
> Emad

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Thanks Pritam, and Emad for your continuous report,

I'll have a look, this does not make any sense at all

Jacques

Le 18/01/2021 à 08:42, Pritam Kute a écrit :

> Hello Emad,
>
> In OOTB flow, after creating a customer, the system calls
> sendCreatePartyEmailNotification service asynchronously. This service is
> called to send an email notification to the customer about account
> creation. This causes the creation of a record in CommunicationEvent table.
>
> I feel that sending email should be configurable but an initial cursory
> look at the codebase doesn't guarantee about it. Also, one thing to notice
> is that the CommunicationEvent created has a record with partyIdFrom as
> FrenchCustomer which is completely wrong as it should be a company party.
> The logic in createCommEventFromEmail (line no. 776) to find out "fromCm"
> is what causing this problem. Any pointers from other community members to
> this will help.
>
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Pritam Kute
>

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:34 AM Emad Radwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Community,
>>
>> Does any one know if while creating a new Customer a new related record
>> would be created in 'Communication_Event table? I just need to know the
>> default behaviour specially on production setup.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Emad

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

OK, I think found the reason. In demo data 13 parties use <<infoString="[hidden email]">> as in

    <ContactMech contactMechId="FRA01" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS" infoString="[hidden email]"/>

I guess this one is loaded last. Rather

    <ContactMech contactMechId="Company" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS" infoString="[hidden email]"/>

which is the 1st one, should be loaded last.

I'll create a Jira to fix that...

> Thanks Pritam, and Emad for your continuous report,
>
> I'll have a look, this does not make any sense at all
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 18/01/2021 à 08:42, Pritam Kute a écrit :
>> Hello Emad,
>>
>> In OOTB flow, after creating a customer, the system calls
>> sendCreatePartyEmailNotification service asynchronously. This service is
>> called to send an email notification to the customer about account
>> creation. This causes the creation of a record in CommunicationEvent table.
>>
>> I feel that sending email should be configurable but an initial cursory
>> look at the codebase doesn't guarantee about it. Also, one thing to notice
>> is that the CommunicationEvent created has a record with partyIdFrom as
>> FrenchCustomer which is completely wrong as it should be a company party.
>> The logic in createCommEventFromEmail (line no. 776) to find out "fromCm"
>> is what causing this problem. Any pointers from other community members to
>> this will help.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> --
>> Pritam Kute
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:34 AM Emad Radwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> Does any one know if while creating a new Customer a new related record
>>> would be created in 'Communication_Event table? I just need to know the
>>> default behaviour specially on production setup.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Emad

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Pritam Kute
Thanks, Jacques for looking into this.

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 4:10 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I think found the reason. In demo data 13 parties use <<infoString="
> [hidden email]">> as in
>
>     <ContactMech contactMechId="FRA01" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
>
> I guess this one is loaded last. Rather
>
>     <ContactMech contactMechId="Company" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
>
> which is the 1st one, should be loaded last.
>
> I'll create a Jira to fix that...
>
> Le 18/01/2021 à 11:02, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> > Thanks Pritam, and Emad for your continuous report,
> >
> > I'll have a look, this does not make any sense at all
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > Le 18/01/2021 à 08:42, Pritam Kute a écrit :
> >> Hello Emad,
> >>
> >> In OOTB flow, after creating a customer, the system calls
> >> sendCreatePartyEmailNotification service asynchronously. This service is
> >> called to send an email notification to the customer about account
> >> creation. This causes the creation of a record in CommunicationEvent
> table.
> >>
> >> I feel that sending email should be configurable but an initial cursory
> >> look at the codebase doesn't guarantee about it. Also, one thing to
> notice
> >> is that the CommunicationEvent created has a record with partyIdFrom as
> >> FrenchCustomer which is completely wrong as it should be a company
> party.
> >> The logic in createCommEventFromEmail (line no. 776) to find out
> "fromCm"
> >> is what causing this problem. Any pointers from other community members
> >> this will help.
> >>
> >> Kind Regards,
> >> --
> >> Pritam Kute

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Thanks Guys,

Fixed with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12142

Jacques

Le 18/01/2021 à 12:54, Pritam Kute a écrit :

> Thanks, Jacques for looking into this.
>
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Pritam Kute
>

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 4:10 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> OK, I think found the reason. In demo data 13 parties use <<infoString="
>> [hidden email]">> as in
>>
>>      <ContactMech contactMechId="FRA01" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
>> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
>>
>> I guess this one is loaded last. Rather
>>
>>      <ContactMech contactMechId="Company" contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
>> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
>>
>> which is the 1st one, should be loaded last.
>>
>> I'll create a Jira to fix that...
>>
>> Le 18/01/2021 à 11:02, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> Thanks Pritam, and Emad for your continuous report,
>>>
>>> I'll have a look, this does not make any sense at all
>>>
>>> Jacques

>> table.
>> notice
>> party.
>> "fromCm"

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Emad Radwan
Thanks All

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 9:16 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Guys,
>
> Fixed with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12142
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 18/01/2021 à 12:54, Pritam Kute a écrit :
> > Thanks, Jacques for looking into this.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > --
> > Pritam Kute
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 4:10 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> OK, I think found the reason. In demo data 13 parties use <<infoString="
> >> [hidden email]">> as in
> >>
> >>      <ContactMech contactMechId="FRA01"
> contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
> >> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
> >>
> >> I guess this one is loaded last. Rather
> >>
> >>      <ContactMech contactMechId="Company"
> contactMechTypeId="EMAIL_ADDRESS"
> >> infoString="[hidden email]"/>
> >>
> >> which is the 1st one, should be loaded last.
> >>
> >> I'll create a Jira to fix that...

> is
> >> table.
> cursory
> >> notice
> as
> >> party.
> >> "fromCm"
> members

> record
> the

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Emad Radwan
Hello Pritam,

Thanks for the nice description. A related question if you wish, I'm
tracing the code for this module and wondering what is the calling code for
createCommEventFromEmail?

Regards,

Emad.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 9:43 AM Pritam Kute <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Emad,
>
> In OOTB flow, after creating a customer, the system calls
> sendCreatePartyEmailNotification service asynchronously. This service is
> called to send an email notification to the customer about account
> creation. This causes the creation of a record in CommunicationEvent table.
>
> I feel that sending email should be configurable but an initial cursory
> look at the codebase doesn't guarantee about it. Also, one thing to notice
> is that the CommunicationEvent created has a record with partyIdFrom as
> FrenchCustomer which is completely wrong as it should be a company party.
> The logic in createCommEventFromEmail (line no. 776) to find out "fromCm"
> is what causing this problem. Any pointers from other community members to
> this will help.
>
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Pritam Kute
>

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:34 AM Emad Radwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Community,
> >
> > Does any one know if while creating a new Customer a new related record
> > would be created in 'Communication_Event table? I just need to know the
> > default behaviour specially on production setup.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Emad

Re: Communication_Event table and Create new Customer

Pritam Kute
Hello Emad,

It is called by seca rule on "sendMail" service. Refer line number 79 from
application/party/servicedef/secas.xml

HTH.

Kind Regards,
--