Complex queries

matarazzo angelo
Hi,
I try writing complex queries and I was wondering if there was a way to send these query to the DBMS:
"Select...where FIELD <> (select...)" .
I think these  sub-select are supportated by common DBMS. Or not?
I have found a solution but it's external to framework:
http://www.opentaps.org/docs/index.php/Using_the_Query_Tool
Is it good solution? What do you think about it? It is something we should have in OFBiz?
Thanks.

Re: Complex queries

David E Jones

This has been supported in OFBiz for quite a while. Check out the
EntityConditionSubSelect class in the Entity Engine.

-David

On Oct 21, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Angelo Matarazzo wrote:

> Hi,
> I try writing complex queries and I was wondering if there was a way
> to send
> these query to the DBMS:
> "Select...where FIELD <> (select...)" .
> I think these  sub-select are supportated by common DBMS. Or not?
> I have found a solution but it's external to framework:
> http://www.opentaps.org/docs/index.php/Using_the_Query_Tool
> http://www.opentaps.org/docs/index.php/Using_the_Query_Tool
> Is it good solution? What do you think about it? It is something we
> should
> have in OFBiz?
> Thanks.

Re: Complex queries