Configurable Product2

ladroge
Hi
On the following  picture  i will show you the order screen when a customer submit it.

What i don't know is why there is production run link when a customer submit a configurable product.
And the second question is why to plan a production run with product which are not material?

My third preoccupation is what is the need of production run link when i can plan shipment of product directly whitout resolve the production run problem?
 The fourth question is about the production run screen , i want to know how to finish a production run of a product because of the error message i get every time .

Someone can help me how to use this module or screen of production run?????????

Re: Configurable Product2

BJ Freeman
I ran this on the demo
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=WSCO10001

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/manufacturing/control/ShowProductionRun?productionRunId=10000

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/manufacturing/control/FindProductionRun
shows it is created
I assume since there is no inventory for the items in the production run
can not be completed

note I don't see any errors.

ladroge sent the following on 4/11/2008 3:32 AM:

> Hi
> On the following  picture  i will show you the order screen when a customer
> submit it.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16627322/Sans%2Btitre.jpg
>
> What i don't know is why there is production run link when a customer submit
> a configurable product.
> And the second question is why to plan a production run with product which
> are not material?
>
> My third preoccupation is what is the need of production run link when i can
> plan shipment of product directly whitout resolve the production run
> problem?
>  The fourth question is about the production run screen , i want to know how
> to finish a production run of a product because of the error message i get
> every time .
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16627322/Sans%2Btitre2.jpg
>
> Someone can help me how to use this module or screen of production

Re: Configurable Product2

apologize did not answerer all questions:
the production run is to assemble the configurable item.
Not sure what you mean by not material.
that i did not try to plan a shipment so not sure about this, however if
it does allow this it is a bug.
production run can not happen if there is no inventory for the assembly.