Confirmation option on submit button

Malin Nicolas
Hi,

I wish send to OFBiz a fonctionnality on submit button, ask to user a
confirmation before send form (or call link on hyperlink). This is
appreciable for end user when he do a delete or not reverse operation.

To operate, I add a new attribut on submit and hyperlink field : confirm
    Exemple :
          <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" ">
           <hyperlink
target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"
confirm="${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"/>
        </field>

Now in ofbiz we can use event and action to do this, but for me :
  1. dedicated attribut is more easier to read and understand quickly
the field
  2. if I use event and action the field contains javascript :
       <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" " event="onClick" action="if
(! window.confirm("${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"))>
           <hyperlink
target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"/>
        </field>
      So it is specific to the html renderer, and confirm an operation
is possible on all interface language.

Do you have suggestions on the issue ?

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

Malin Nicolas
No suggestions ?

I will create a Jira for this new feature ?

Nicolas

Malin Nicolas a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I wish send to OFBiz a fonctionnality on submit button, ask to user a
> confirmation before send form (or call link on hyperlink). This is
> appreciable for end user when he do a delete or not reverse operation.
>
> To operate, I add a new attribut on submit and hyperlink field : confirm
>    Exemple :
>          <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" ">
>           <hyperlink
> target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"
> confirm="${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"/>
>        </field>
>
> Now in ofbiz we can use event and action to do this, but for me :
>  1. dedicated attribut is more easier to read and understand quickly
> the field
>  2. if I use event and action the field contains javascript :
>       <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" " event="onClick"
> action="if (!
> window.confirm("${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"))>
>           <hyperlink
> target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"/>
>        </field>
>      So it is specific to the html renderer, and confirm an operation
> is possible on all interface language.
>
> Do you have suggestions on the issue ?
>
> Nicolas

Nicolas MALIN
Consultant
Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
-------
Société LibrenBerry
Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

Hi Nicolas,

Sounds like a good idea to me

Jacques

From: "Malin Nicolas" <[hidden email]>

> No suggestions ?
>
> I will create a Jira for this new feature ?
>
> Nicolas
>
> Malin Nicolas a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wish send to OFBiz a fonctionnality on submit button, ask to user a confirmation before send form (or call link on hyperlink).
>> This is appreciable for end user when he do a delete or not reverse operation.
>>
>> To operate, I add a new attribut on submit and hyperlink field : confirm
>>    Exemple :
>>          <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" ">
>>           <hyperlink target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
>> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]" confirm="${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"/>
>>        </field>
>>
>> Now in ofbiz we can use event and action to do this, but for me :
>>  1. dedicated attribut is more easier to read and understand quickly the field
>>  2. if I use event and action the field contains javascript :
>>       <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" " event="onClick" action="if (!
>> window.confirm("${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"))>
>>           <hyperlink target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
>> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"/>
>>        </field>
>>      So it is specific to the html renderer, and confirm an operation is possible on all interface language.
>>
>> Do you have suggestions on the issue ?
>>
>> Nicolas

> Nicolas MALIN
> Consultant
> Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
> Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
> -------
> Société LibrenBerry
> Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
> Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

hans_bakker
Hi Nicolas....
there are examples how to do that in OFBiz....

try to cancel an invoice in accounting.....

Regards,
Hans

Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

Malin Nicolas
Hi Hans,

Ok I found it :)

        <menu-item name="statusToCancelled"
title="${uiLabelMap.AccountingInvoiceStatusToCancelled}">
            <condition>
            </condition>
            <link target="javascript:confirmActionLink('You want to
cancel this invoice number
${invoice.invoiceId}?','setInvoiceStatus?invoiceId=${invoice.invoiceId}&amp;statusId=INVOICE_CANCELLED')"
url-mode="plain"/>
        </menu-item>

With confirm attribute the result will be :
            <link
target="setInvoiceStatus?invoiceId=${invoice.invoiceId}&amp;statusId=INVOICE_CANCELLED')"
confirm="${uiLabelMap.AcccountingYouWantCancelInvoiceNumber}
${invoice.invoiceId} ?" url-mode="plain"/>

The javascript call is create by the renderer, not direcly define in xml
file. I try to separate the html technology from the xml sreen engine
definition. But I am maybe in the wrong.

Nicolas

Hans Bakker a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas....
> there are examples how to do that in OFBiz....
>
> try to cancel an invoice in accounting.....
>
> Regards,
> Hans
>
> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 11:45 +0100, Malin Nicolas wrote:
>
>> No suggestions ?
>>
>> I will create a Jira for this new feature ?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> Malin Nicolas a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wish send to OFBiz a fonctionnality on submit button, ask to user a
>>> confirmation before send form (or call link on hyperlink). This is
>>> appreciable for end user when he do a delete or not reverse operation.
>>>
>>> To operate, I add a new attribut on submit and hyperlink field : confirm
>>>    Exemple :
>>>          <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" ">
>>>           <hyperlink
>>> target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
>>> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"
>>> confirm="${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"/>
>>>        </field>
>>>
>>> Now in ofbiz we can use event and action to do this, but for me :
>>>  1. dedicated attribut is more easier to read and understand quickly
>>> the field
>>>  2. if I use event and action the field contains javascript :
>>>       <field name="closeTmpPeriod" title=" " event="onClick"
>>> action="if (!
>>> window.confirm("${uiLabelMap.AccountingConfirmCloseTmpPeriod}"))>
>>>           <hyperlink
>>> target="EditGlPeriodStatus?idNum=${formsData.idNum}&amp;statusId=PS_CLOSETMP"
>>> description="[${uiLabelMap.AccountingCloseTmpPeriod}]"/>
>>>        </field>
>>>      So it is specific to the html renderer, and confirm an operation
>>> is possible on all interface language.
>>>
>>> Do you have suggestions on the issue ?
>>>
>>> Nicolas

Nicolas MALIN
Consultant
Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
-------
Société LibrenBerry
Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

Hi Nicolas,

At least for the sake of i18n I'd say : create a Jira if not already done. I will take care of it.
I know we can do l10n also within javascript but Nicolas's propositoin it much more consistent with the way we usually deal with it
in OFBiz

From: "Malin Nicolas" <[hidden email]>

> Hi Hans,
>
> Ok I found it :)
>
>        <menu-item name="statusToCancelled" title="${uiLabelMap.AccountingInvoiceStatusToCancelled}">
>            <condition>
>            </condition>
>            <link target="javascript:confirmActionLink('You want to cancel this invoice number
> ${invoice.invoiceId}?','setInvoiceStatus?invoiceId=${invoice.invoiceId}&amp;statusId=INVOICE_CANCELLED')" url-mode="plain"/>
>        </menu-item>
>
> With confirm attribute the result will be :
>            <link target="setInvoiceStatus?invoiceId=${invoice.invoiceId}&amp;statusId=INVOICE_CANCELLED')"
> confirm="${uiLabelMap.AcccountingYouWantCancelInvoiceNumber} ${invoice.invoiceId} ?" url-mode="plain"/>
>
> The javascript call is create by the renderer, not direcly define in xml file. I try to separate the html technology from the xml
> sreen engine definition. But I am maybe in the wrong.
>
> Nicolas
>
> Hans Bakker a écrit :
>> Hi Nicolas....
>> there are examples how to do that in OFBiz....
>>
>> try to cancel an invoice in accounting.....
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hans
>>
>> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 11:45 +0100, Malin Nicolas wrote:
>>
>>> No suggestions ?
>>>
>>> I will create a Jira for this new feature ?
>>>
>>> Nicolas

> Nicolas MALIN
> Consultant
> Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
> Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
> -------
> Société LibrenBerry
> Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
> Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Re: Confirmation option on submit button

Malin Nicolas
Hi Jacques,

Ok, I create the jira, and attach the patch when I come back in France ;)

Nicolas