Consignment Sales

nonames
Hi guys,

I am setting up OFBiz for a business that require consignment sales which involve placing the products at the consignment stores. We can only issue invoice to the stores when the goods are sold and this is done usually at the end of each month.

In the system, it should be able to capture the amount of stocks shipped to the consignment stores and invoicing can only happen after the sales takes place at the stores. In OFBiz, I understand that the invoice is generated when the stocks are shipped out of the warehouse. Therefore, I would appreciate if anyone here can advise me on how about doing it.

The workaround is to create a warehouse for each consignment stores and create a stock transfer to capture the amount of goods at the stores. Until the goods are sold and consolidated at the end of each month, then the system will create the invoice and balance the inventory accordingly.

I am not sure is this the best option but again I would like to hear from anyone who has done something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Dave