Content Manager Questions

Adrian Crum
I'd like to set up the forums to notify forum users when new messages have been posted to a forum or
forum topic. Is there a system already in place to do that? If not, any suggestions on how to
implement one?

-Adrian

Re: Content Manager Questions

byersa
Adrian,

I don't believe anything is in place to do that.

Look in the content email packages for functionality to actually send the
emails. I forget where the code that handles marketing campaigns exists, but
it is there and could be helpful.

I would think that you would want to use the subscription entities and
services to attach parties to a piece of content, then do a lookup on who is
subscribed and send out emails accordingly. There are some services in
ContentManagementServices to deal with attaching subscriptions to content.

Sorry, it is not much. I will see if anything else comes to mind and let you
know.

-Al

On 10/25/07, Adrian Crum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to set up the forums to notify forum users when new messages have
> been posted to a forum or
> forum topic. Is there a system already in place to do that? If not, any
> suggestions on how to
> implement one?
>
> -Adrian

Re: Content Manager Questions

Adrian Crum
Al,

Thank you very much for the insight!

Actually that helps a lot - it keeps me from re-inventing the wheel. I'll look for the items you
mentioned and see if I can pull together something generic enough to put back into the project.

-Adrian