Credit Card Authorization

Dave Tenerowicz
Currently CC authorization occurs after pick list creation. We need to
modify this so that credit card authorization occurs at the time of
order entry. Our client needs this so that the sales rep can inform the
customer immediately upon order entry if there are any issues with the
credit card. Final settlement/confirmation of the charge should occur
when the order is scanned, prior to the actual transfer of the package
to the shipper.

Does anyone know how intrusive a change is this, and how we would best
accomplish this?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6717
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: Credit Card Authorization

David E Jones

On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Dave Tenerowicz wrote:

> Currently CC authorization occurs after pick list creation.

What are you looking at that leads you to believe this?

> We need to modify this so that credit card authorization occurs at
> the time of order entry. Our client needs this so that the sales
> rep can inform the customer immediately upon order entry if there
> are any issues with the credit card.

This is how credit card authorizations are already handled, ie before
a confirmation of the order is even sent to the customer (in
ecommerce) or CSR (in the Order Manager).

> Final settlement/confirmation of the charge should occur when the
> order is scanned, prior to the actual transfer of the package to
> the shipper.

An invoice is created for a full or partial order when a shipment
related to that order goes into the packed status. When the invoice
is created if the order was setup to be paid by CC the amount on the
invoice related to that will be captured on the CC.