Customising ofbiz

Stephen Dean
Hi,

Obvious newbie here who has been readin a lot about ofbiz from the mail
archives, forums etc and have been slightly confused by whats being said.

My background is that I am a Java Developer for a number of years and
digging through the ofbiz code is not a problem.  However, my question is
this:

ofbiz comes with a number of applications that can be used, these
applications have dependecies on each other such as order mgmt with
accounting, and accounting with finance etc.

Now if I wanted to create a customised application (better look and feel and
preferred flow for me) what is the best way to go about it.  I obviously
want future changes made to the applications I am basing my app on to be
reflected within it (after some testing obviously), so is the best way to
create an application using the web services for each application?

Or creating a new ofbiz application that calls the entities from different
ofbiz applications?

Or am I just missing the point!  Any feedback will be gratefully received...

Stephen Dean

p.s first of many posts no doubt!

Re: Customising ofbiz

Scott Gray
Hi Stephen

Probably the best thing to have a look at is the Asset Maintenance
component, it reuses or extends a lot of the existing applications to
acheive specific goals.

Regards
Scott