[DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

[DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Sharan-F
Hi All

I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF default
template but we could change the template or update it to give it a more
modern look. A couple projects seem to have already started using
alternative formats (see links below)

https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0

https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/

What do people think?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Swapnil Mane
Firstly, thank you Sharan and team for taking care of this.

+1 for improving the look and feel, we should update the blog template.

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Sharan Foga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
> currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF default
> template but we could change the template or update it to give it a more
> modern look. A couple projects seem to have already started using
> alternative formats (see links below)
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Pranay Pandey-3
Hi Sharan,

Yes, these are looking clean. We should definitely experiment. I would say,
if we can have a blog template having similar look and feel as of our new
website theme, that would be awesome. Thoughts?

Best regards,
Pranay Pandey

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Sharan Foga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
> currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF default
> template but we could change the template or update it to give it a more
> modern look. A couple projects seem to have already started using
> alternative formats (see links below)
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Sharan,

yes, it's time for an update. I think the current templates' font is
much too small to have a good reading experience.

The Carbondata theme has the same problem, the Nifi theme looks better
but I think there is room for improvement also. I have no clue how to
change or alter the theme, do you?

I agree with Pranay, it would be nice to have a theme fitting to the new
website.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Am 14.08.17 um 17:26 schrieb Sharan Foga:

> Hi All
>
> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
> currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF
> default template but we could change the template or update it to give
> it a more modern look. A couple projects seem to have already started
> using alternative formats (see links below)
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

+1 for those ideas

Jacques

Le 14/08/2017 à 17:44, Michael Brohl a écrit :

> Hi Sharan,
>
> yes, it's time for an update. I think the current templates' font is much too small to have a good reading experience.
>
> The Carbondata theme has the same problem, the Nifi theme looks better but I think there is room for improvement also. I have no clue how to change
> or alter the theme, do you?
>
> I agree with Pranay, it would be nice to have a theme fitting to the new website.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Michael
>

> Am 14.08.17 um 17:26 schrieb Sharan Foga:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF default template
>> but we could change the template or update it to give it a more modern look. A couple projects seem to have already started using alternative
>> formats (see links below)
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Sharan-F
Hi Michael

I've taken a quick look around on the blog admin settings menu and it
looks like we could create a new theme by importing a custom stylesheet.
I can ask Kenneth (who has been helping with the layout of the new
website) about it to see if there is any formatting we can easily pick
up from the new website and use in the blog.

Thanks
Sharan

On 14/08/17 17:44, Michael Brohl wrote:

> Hi Sharan,
>
> yes, it's time for an update. I think the current templates' font is
> much too small to have a good reading experience.
>
> The Carbondata theme has the same problem, the Nifi theme looks better
> but I think there is room for improvement also. I have no clue how to
> change or alter the theme, do you?
>
> I agree with Pranay, it would be nice to have a theme fitting to the
> new website.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Michael
>

> Am 14.08.17 um 17:26 schrieb Sharan Foga:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
>> currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF
>> default template but we could change the template or update it to
>> give it a more modern look. A couple projects seem to have already
>> started using alternative formats (see links below)
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving our Monthly Blog Post Template

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Sharan,

that sounds perfect :-)

Regards,

Michael

Am 14.08.17 um 18:10 schrieb Sharan Foga:

> Hi Michael
>
> I've taken a quick look around on the blog admin settings menu and it
> looks like we could create a new theme by importing a custom
> stylesheet. I can ask Kenneth (who has been helping with the layout of
> the new website) about it to see if there is any formatting we can
> easily pick up from the new website and use in the blog.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>

> On 14/08/17 17:44, Michael Brohl wrote:
>> Hi Sharan,
>>
>> yes, it's time for an update. I think the current templates' font is
>> much too small to have a good reading experience.
>>
>> The Carbondata theme has the same problem, the Nifi theme looks
>> better but I think there is room for improvement also. I have no clue
>> how to change or alter the theme, do you?
>>
>> I agree with Pranay, it would be nice to have a theme fitting to the
>> new website.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> Am 14.08.17 um 17:26 schrieb Sharan Foga:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I received some feedback about improving the look and feel of our
>>> currently monthly blog posts. We currently use the standard ASF
>>> default template but we could change the template or update it to
>>> give it a more modern look. A couple projects seem to have already
>>> started using alternative formats (see links below)
>>>
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/carbondata/entry/apache-carbondata-1-1-0
>>>
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/
>>>
>>> What do people think?
>>>
>>> Thanks