Data Modeling for sales/rent of property

Data Modeling for sales/rent of property

Madhi Krishnan
HI everybody,
Hope you all are doing well and safe.

I have a case where I want to sell or rent a property,
is there a OOTB function in ofbiz available to handle  sales and rental of
fixed assets.

I had a look into fixed asset thing ,and I saw that a product is getting
linked with fixed_asset_id.
so anybody can explain me what's the point of linking product with fixed
asset.

Also how we can link fixed_asset with contact_mech or add postal address of
a fixed_asset.

I was thinking if someone already implemented it or anyone has idea on it.

Thanks & regards
Madhi Krishnan.

Re: Data Modeling for sales/rent of property

Benjamin Jugl
Hello Madhi,

the Demo Data has a few cases with this setup. The FixedAsset "RoomLux"
with the Type "PROPERTY" for Example. Through FixedAssetProduct it is
associated with the Product "RoomLux". This Product can have a
ContactMech through its Connection via ProductContactMech.

The FixedAsset itself can have a GeoPoint (connection is made via
FixedAssetGeoPoint).

If it comes to rent and sale, you can simply use the product for this as
you would every other product.

I hope this helps,

Benjamin