Demo stable down

Aditya Sharma
Hello Devs,

Not able to access demo stable instance
<https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y>
.

Getting:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
[image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

HI Aditya,

I forgot yesterday, this morning Nicolas proposed to take care of it. He is on it...

Cheers

Jacques

Le 18/12/2018 à 13:41, Aditya Sharma a écrit :

> Hello Devs,
>
> Not able to access demo stable instance
> <https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y>
> .
>
> Getting:
> Service Unavailable
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

Aditya Sharma
Thanks Jacques for the update :)

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
[image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Aditya,
>
> I forgot yesterday, this morning Nicolas proposed to take care of it. He
> is on it...
>
> Cheers
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 18/12/2018 à 13:41, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > Not able to access demo stable instance
> > <
> https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y
> >
> > .
> >
> > Getting:
> > Service Unavailable
> > The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
> maintenance
> > downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
> >

> > Thanks and Regards,
> >
> > *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> > HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
> > <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> > [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

I must add that, as I said at https://markmail.org/message/g7rucybrfs724qt2, I use montastic.com for the email alerts.

But, though the demos had downs, I never got an email from it, ever. I double checked today, it's rightly configured :/

Jacques

Le 19/12/2018 à 09:44, Aditya Sharma a écrit :

> Thanks Jacques for the update :)
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>
>

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> HI Aditya,
>>
>> I forgot yesterday, this morning Nicolas proposed to take care of it. He
>> is on it...
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 18/12/2018 à 13:41, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
>>> Hello Devs,
>>>
>>> Not able to access demo stable instance
>>> <
>> https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y
>>> .
>>>
>>> Getting:
>>> Service Unavailable
>>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>> maintenance
>>> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>>

>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
>>> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
>>> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
>>> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello,

I work on it, I wait the Infra team return to continue

Thanks for your alert

Nicolas

On 19/12/2018 09:44, Aditya Sharma wrote:

> Thanks Jacques for the update :)
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>
>

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> HI Aditya,
>>
>> I forgot yesterday, this morning Nicolas proposed to take care of it. He
>> is on it...
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 18/12/2018 à 13:41, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
>>> Hello Devs,
>>>
>>> Not able to access demo stable instance
>>> <
>> https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y
>>> .
>>>
>>> Getting:
>>> Service Unavailable
>>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>> maintenance
>>> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>>

>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
>>> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
>>> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
>>> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: [FYI] Re: Demo stable down

Nicolas Malin-2
Hi,

The asf infra team has open the access and I can clear and I restarted
the demo stable.

Thanks Aditya for your alert and Jacques for the support.

Cheers,

Nicolas

On 20/12/2018 09:17, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for the cross posting, I copy this thread to the user ML to let
> our users know about it. If needed we should continue to exchange there.
>
> The stable demo is still down (for 2 days) because it's an opportunity
> for Nicolas to take a hand on the demos. I appreciate that :)
>
> Nicolas has opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17472
> but we are still waiting for the infra team
>
> Thanks for your patience
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 19/12/2018 à 10:06, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I work on it, I wait the Infra team return to continue
>>
>> Thanks for your alert
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> On 19/12/2018 09:44, Aditya Sharma wrote:
>>> Thanks Jacques for the update :)
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
>>> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
>>> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
>>> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

It was not a Montastic issue. I used my Apache email address and I guess it gets filtered out

It works with my personal  address, I'll use that for now

> I must add that, as I said at https://markmail.org/message/g7rucybrfs724qt2, I use montastic.com for the email alerts.
>
> But, though the demos had downs, I never got an email from it, ever. I double checked today, it's rightly configured :/
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 19/12/2018 à 09:44, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
>> Thanks Jacques for the update :)
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
>> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
>> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
>> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> HI Aditya,
>>>
>>> I forgot yesterday, this morning Nicolas proposed to take care of it. He
>>> is on it...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Jacques

>>> https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y

>>> maintenance

Re: Demo stable down

Hi Nico,

Do you want me to add your address too?

> It was not a Montastic issue. I used my Apache email address and I guess it gets filtered out
>
> It works with my personal  address, I'll use that for now
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 19/12/2018 à 10:05, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> I must add that, as I said at https://markmail.org/message/g7rucybrfs724qt2, I use montastic.com for the email alerts.
>>
>> But, though the demos had downs, I never got an email from it, ever. I double checked today, it's rightly configured :/
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 19/12/2018 à 09:44, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
>>> Thanks Jacques for the update :)
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
>>> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
>>> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
>>> [image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/]
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-p-sharma/>

Re: Demo stable down

To clarify,

There is a 30 mins latency. This is on purpose because restarting demos each night takes as much as 15 mins by demo. So 30 mins avoids false alerts
everyday (other free sites alert after 5 mins)

On 24/12/2018 08:09, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>
> Do you want me to add your address too?
Yes Jacques, we pleasure

Re: Demo stable down

Le 24/12/2018 à 10:23, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
> On 24/12/2018 08:09, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi Nico,
>>
>> Do you want me to add your address too?
> Yes Jacques, we pleasure
>>
>> Thanks

Thank you Nicolas,

Done

I saw you committed, I don' t remember clearly but maybe another file now misses in trunk demo, it's fop.xconf.patch.

I surely created it, but then why only trunk and I did not apply it? I don't clearly remember and maybe we should have it in all demos.

I'll check that, if anybody has an idea from the top of head I'd be glad to know ;)

I'll add details for file to patch and such in the README.md. Also details on how to handle things with Puppet (our HTTPS config is puppetized)

@All, I was wondering, I use 2 .md files in tools, would not be better to have Asciidoc files there too?

Re: Demo stable down

> I'll check that, if anybody has an idea from the top of head I'd be glad to know

OK, the name changed since because of a typo: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1785055

So it was also for R16 and I forgot at some point. We should patch in scripts after updating if needed.

Will see later...

Re: Demo stable down

> Le 24/12/2018 à 11:54, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> I'll check that, if anybody has an idea from the top of head I'd be glad to know
>
> OK, the name changed since because of a typo: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1785055
>
> So it was also for R16 and I forgot at some point. We should patch in scripts after updating if needed.
>
> Will see later...
>
> Jacques

It seems needed: https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.1/configuration.html

Not a big deal but better to apply to each demo.

Re: Demo stable down

> Le 24/12/2018 à 12:00, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Le 24/12/2018 à 11:54, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> I'll check that, if anybody has an idea from the top of head I'd be glad to know
>>
>> OK, the name changed since because of a typo: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1785055
>>
>> So it was also for R16 and I forgot at some point. We should patch in scripts after updating if needed.
>>
>> Will see later...
>>
>> Jacques
>>

> It seems needed: https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.1/configuration.html
>
> Not a big deal but better to apply to each demo.
>
> Jacques

Hi Nicolas,

Your scripts are more sophisticated. Will you install them? If you do so could you please take into account

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10755 ?

Re: Demo stable down

Nicolas Malin-2
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Your scripts are more sophisticated. Will you install them? If you do
> so could you please take into account
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10755 ?
>
> Jacques

I'm in favor, so yes I will update them with this

Nicolas

Re: Demo stable down

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello Jacques,

I updated my script with your patches. We can deploy them when you want.

I also create an infra issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17523 to update the default
error page.

Nicolas

On 31/12/2018 15:16, Nicolas Malin wrote:

>> Hi Nicolas,
>>
>> Your scripts are more sophisticated. Will you install them? If you do
>> so could you please take into account
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10755 ?
>>
>> Jacques
>
> I'm in favor, so yes I will update them with this
>
> Nicolas

Re: Demo stable down

Thanks Nico,

INFRA-17523 seems done, please check and close

ASA I'll get a chance I'll review your commits and apply them on demos

Jacques