Deprecate LookupParty service ?

Nicolas Malin-2

Hello,

During the conversion of party/minilang/LookupService.xml [1], I check the service lookupParty that seems to be very old and contains some inconsistencies.

The name LookupParty involves a search on Party and potential extension but in reality it search only on Person.

The search work by strict equality on firstName or lastName

The result seems to be dedicate to a particular case with [key:value] return but no use is present on code base and the service description is very poor to explain that.

Instead of migrate this code, I propose to set as deprecate it and encourage to use performFindParty.

Your opinion ?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11362

--
logoNrd
Nicolas Malin

8 rue des Déportés 37000 TOURS, 02 47 50 30 54
Apache OFBiz|The Apache Way|réseau LE

pEpkey.asc (2K) Download Attachment