Dev - Customer Login Question

Michael Brom

Hi,

I have a question regarding user logins for the ecommerce app.  My  understanding of  the process is this.  When a user logs in, the app first checks to see if the user has permission to login to that particular productStore (assuming that the option is set in the Catalog Manager).  Then if the customer role is set and the password authenticates the user is logged in.  This assumes that the ecommerce app knows which store to check.

What I want to do is a little different.  I would like to first authenticate the user then check to see which productStore they have permission to access, then log them into that productStore.  The reason for this is that I currently have aprox. 40K customers served by 18 geographically distinct locations across the country (you could almost think of them as retail stores, with inventory).  Each customer is server out of one of these locations, as well as from our corporate office.

My superiors have deemed it unacceptable to have a unique url for each of these locations so I'm forced to find another solution.

Any ideas on how I might implement this would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: Dev - Customer Login Question

David E. Jones

Sounds like all you need is a variation on the existing to code to select the store on the fly (which is supported, there is an event that does this that you can copy) based on the logged in user.

You could even do it in a generic event using the after-login event section in the controller.xml file.

-David