Dev - Div tags supported?

Chris Juettner
Are <div> tags supported in form widgets?  I looked through the widget-form.xsd
but didn't find anything that looked like it would allow my to declare them.

Re: Dev - Div tags supported?

David E. Jones

The form widget is primarily meant to be efficiently functional, not
visual. It is meant to provide a more consistent look and feel at
somewhat of a cost of flexibility. These are meant to be form
declarations, and not any sort of templating tool that is form specific.

There are however a lot of "*-style" elements and these can be used
to pretty flexibly control how things look. The resulting HTML is
still mostly table based, though we may eventually change the
"single" forms to be CSS-based (I did some POC work in the new
customer page in ecommerce with some styles that can be used for
this), but the "list" and other forms will pretty much always use a
table because they are tabular by nature, which it what tables are
meant for. You don't need "div" or "span" tags to use CSS, so you can
really do quite a bit with what is there (colors, fonts, alignment,
borders, etc, etc).

-David