Dev - Feature Group Sequence

Scott Gray

Hi All,

I was wondering if there would be any opposition to adding a sequence field to the ProductFeatureGroupAppl entity.

At the moment I have to reorder my apparel size features every time I use the “Add Product Feature From Category or Group” i.e. from (2XL, 3XL, L, M, S, XL) to (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL).  The order of the sizes never change so it seems silly to have to order them every time.

The sequence field would be used to auto fill the sequence in ProductFeatureAppl when using the screen I mentioned earlier.

Thanks

Scott

Re: Dev - Feature Group Sequence

David E. Jones

Do you mean something like a defaultSequenceNum or something that would be automatically filled in when applied to a product? I think that sounds fine, and there is precedent for it with the ProductFeature itself.

-David

Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I was wondering if there would be any opposition to adding a sequence
> field to the ProductFeatureGroupAppl entity.
>
> At the moment I have to reorder my apparel size features every time I
> use the “Add Product Feature From Category or Group” i.e. from (2XL,
> 3XL, L, M, S, XL) to (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL).  The order of the sizes
> never change so it seems silly to have to order them every time.
>
> The sequence field would be used to auto fill the sequence in
> ProductFeatureAppl when using the screen I mentioned earlier.
>

> Thanks
>
> Scott

Re: Dev - Feature Group Sequence

Scott Gray
Thanks David

I've created a patch and jira issue for this here:

Regards
Scott