Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

Lei Gao-2
Hello there,

Is there a good way for me to store customer specific data, which will be associated with an OrderHeader entity? They are one to one relationship, and I want to try to modify the code as less as I could(Surely the GUI need to be changed).

Thanks in advance.
Lei

Re: Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

BJ Freeman
first what type of data.
second the simplest is to use the comments

Lei Gao sent the following on 3/26/06 9:38 AM:

> Hello there,
>
> Is there a good way for me to store customer specific data, which will be
> associated with an OrderHeader entity? They are one to one relationship, and
> I want to try to modify the code as less as I could(Surely the GUI need to
> be changed).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

Lei Gao-2
The comments fields already has been used. There are three more fields I need to allow the customer viewing and editing them before the order is completed. One billing term field, one agent id(company party), another one is for sales person id(sales person party). I saw there is an OrderAttribute entity, can I use that?

Lei

On 3/26/06, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
first what type of data.
second the simplest is to use the comments

Lei Gao sent the following on 3/26/06 9:38 AM:

> Hello there,
>
> Is there a good way for me to store customer specific data, which will be
> associated with an OrderHeader entity? They are one to one relationship, and
> I want to try to modify the code as less as I could(Surely the GUI need to
> be changed).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

BJ Freeman
in webtools
Entity Reference & Editing Tools [Static Version]
you will see the relationships for order header.
see if those might satisfy your requirements.

Lei Gao sent the following on 3/26/06 1:10 PM:

> The comments fields already has been used. There are three more fields I
> need to allow the customer viewing and editing them before the order is
> completed. One billing term field, one agent id(company party), another one
> is for sales person id(sales person party). I saw there is an OrderAttribute
> entity, can I use that?
>
> Lei
>

> On 3/26/06, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>first what type of data.
>>second the simplest is to use the comments
>>
>>Lei Gao sent the following on 3/26/06 9:38 AM:
>>
>>>Hello there,
>>>
>>>Is there a good way for me to store customer specific data, which will
>>
>>be
>>
>>>associated with an OrderHeader entity? They are one to one relationship,
>>
>>and
>>
>>>I want to try to modify the code as less as I could(Surely the GUI need

>>>be changed).
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>>Lei

Re: Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

Lei,

Yes, it is always good to be specific. Without details an answer is often impossible or at best of little value.

Parties associated with the order should be associated with it in the OrderRole entity. You should look in general at the Party and Role (and the RoleType with its seed data) to understand how these are used and what they mean.

Billing terms are usually associated with a BillingAccount which is an alternative to an actual PaymentMethod in the checkout process denoting that an invoice will be sent when ready.

-David

Lei Gao wrote:

> The comments fields already has been used. There are three more fields I
> need to allow the customer viewing and editing them before the order is
> completed. One billing term field, one agent id(company party), another
> one is for sales person id(sales person party). I saw there is an
> OrderAttribute entity, can I use that?
>
> Lei
>

> On 3/26/06, *BJ Freeman* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     first what type of data.
>     second the simplest is to use the comments
>
>     Lei Gao sent the following on 3/26/06 9:38 AM:
>      > Hello there,
>      >
>      > Is there a good way for me to store customer specific data, which
>     will be
>      > associated with an OrderHeader entity? They are one to one
>     relationship, and
>      > I want to try to modify the code as less as I could(Surely the
>     GUI need to
>      > be changed).
>      >
>      > Thanks in advance.
>      > Lei
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Dev - How do I extend OrderHeader entity?

Lei Gao-2
Very good helps.

Thanks everybody, every answer from you guys reveals me something conceptual about this product.

Lei