Dev - Including a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz

Dev - Including a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

How difficult is it to include a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz? I am constantly frustrated with Java’s date/time/timezone handling. Joda.org has an enhanced library under Apache 2.0 license. I have no personal knowledge of this library except that it looks reasonable from the description. Is it something worth considering?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - Including a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz

BJ Freeman
have you looked in the utilitys for the date time?

Vinay Agarwal sent the following on 3/15/06 6:17 PM:

> Hello,
>

> How difficult is it to include a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz? I
> am constantly frustrated with Java's date/time/timezone handling. Joda.org
> has an enhanced library under Apache 2.0 license. I have no personal
> knowledge of this library except that it looks reasonable from the
> description. Is it something worth considering?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - Including a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz

Hi Vinay,

if you mean license/legal issues, it's not a big deal.

Jacopo

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> How difficult is it to include a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in
> OFBiz? I am constantly frustrated with Java’s date/time/timezone
> handling. Joda.org has an enhanced library under Apache 2.0 license. I
> have no personal knowledge of this library except that it looks
> reasonable from the description. Is it something worth considering?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - Including a new Apache 2.0 licensed library in OFBiz

Vinay Agarwal
I have been working with Java's Date/Calendar etc classes but they don't
have
1. Time-span equivalent: everything is converted into msec.
2. Timezone conversions are messy.
Joda seems to have a more complete implementations.
Vinay