Dev - Invoice Posting: Supplies

David E. Jones

Hello All (and especially Si?),

This is somewhat accounting (GL posting) related, but starts much
earlier in the ordering process, so I'll start the question here...

Quick (hopefully...) question: is there any way to create a purchase
order so that when the invoice based on it is posted it will post as
supplies instead of as inventory? I only vaguely remember talking
about this way back when, and just got a question about this and I'm
not sure if it was ever implemented. I was thinking there should be a
different OrderItemType for this, but looking at the list I didn't
see anything like that...

If there isn't any way that anyone knows of, this is probably where
I'll start.

Re: Dev - Invoice Posting: Supplies

Si Chen-2
David,

I checked our code.  You can use either a new OrderItemType or new
ProductType or both, but the important thing is to create a new
InvoiceItemType for these things.  Then you can either get fancy by
setting an organizationPartyId-specific GlAccount in the
InvoiceItemTypeGlAccount entity or get lazy by setting the
defaultGlAccountId in InvoiceItemType.

Si