Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

Lei Gao-2
Hi group,

I am trying to popup a JSP page in a FTL page, and I want to keep the new page within the same session, and security context. Here is what I did.

in orderheader.ftl
<a herf="<@ofbizUrl>editPaymentTerm?orderId=${orderId}</@ofbizUrl target="popup">">Edit it</a>

in control.xml
<requet-map uri="editPaymentTerm">
  <response name="success" type="view" value="editPaymentTerm" />
</requet-map>
<view-map name="editPaymentTerm" type="jsp" page="/control/jspdir/EditPaymentTerm.jsp" />

Obviously I still missed something, cause it dose not work. Can anybody show me what I missed?

Thanks
Lei

Re: Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

cjhowe
to give you a complete answer, I'd need more
informatin, but this should set you in the right
direction.

you need to use javascript for the popup like in
ordermgr/control/orderentry for the partyId lookup
in the order manager app
="javascript:call_fieldlookup2(document.salesentryform.partyId,'LookupPartyName');

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I am trying to popup a JSP page in a FTL page, and I
> want to keep the new
> page within the same session, and security context.
> Here is what I did.
>
> in orderheader.ftl
> <a

herf="<@ofbizUrl>editPaymentTerm?orderId=${orderId}</@ofbizUrl

> target="popup">">Edit it</a>
>
> in control.xml
> <requet-map uri="editPaymentTerm">
>   <response name="success" type="view"
> value="editPaymentTerm" />
> </requet-map>
> <view-map name="editPaymentTerm" type="jsp"
> page="/control/jspdir/EditPaymentTerm.jsp" />
>
> Obviously I still missed something, cause it dose
> not work. Can anybody show
> me what I missed?
>
> Thanks
> Lei

Re: Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

Lei Gao-2
That's pretty much all I did, the JSP file is just a usual JSP file nothing more. but if there is some information you need, I'll provide all of them.

Lei

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I am trying to popup a JSP page in a FTL page, and I
> want to keep the new
> page within the same session, and security context.
> Here is what I did.
>
> in orderheader.ftl
> <a

herf="<@ofbizUrl>editPaymentTerm?orderId=${orderId}</@ofbizUrl

> target="popup">">Edit it</a>
>
> in control.xml
> <requet-map uri="editPaymentTerm">
>   <response name="success" type="view"
> value="editPaymentTerm" />
> </requet-map>
> <view-map name="editPaymentTerm" type="jsp"
> page="/control/jspdir/EditPaymentTerm.jsp" />
>
> Obviously I still missed something, cause it dose
> not work. Can anybody show
> me what I missed?
>
> Thanks
> Lei

Re: Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

cjhowe
i believe your target="popup" route loses the
relationship between the parent and child documents

if your  href=
"javascript:call_fieldlookup2(document.salesentryform.partyId,'LookupPartyName');"

then it sould keep the relationship between parent and
child documents because the javascript is making the
request.  That's my best guess anyway.

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's pretty much all I did, the JSP file is just a
> usual JSP file nothing
> more. but if there is some information you need,
> I'll provide all of them.
>
> Lei
>

> On 4/7/06, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > to give you a complete answer, I'd need more
> > informatin, but this should set you in the right
> > direction.
> >
> > you need to use javascript for the popup like in
> > ordermgr/control/orderentry for the partyId lookup
> > in the order manager app

="javascript:call_fieldlookup2(document.salesentryform.partyId

> > ,'LookupPartyName');
> > >
> > --- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi group,
> > >
> > > I am trying to popup a JSP page in a FTL page,
> and I
> > > want to keep the new
> > > page within the same session, and security
> context.
> > > Here is what I did.
> > >
> > > in orderheader.ftl
> > > <a

herf="<@ofbizUrl>editPaymentTerm?orderId=${orderId}</@ofbizUrl

> > > target="popup">">Edit it</a>
> > >
> > > in control.xml
> > > <requet-map uri="editPaymentTerm">
> > >   <response name="success" type="view"
> > > value="editPaymentTerm" />
> > > </requet-map>
> > > <view-map name="editPaymentTerm" type="jsp"
> > > page="/control/jspdir/EditPaymentTerm.jsp" />
> > >
> > > Obviously I still missed something, cause it
> dose
> > > not work. Can anybody show
> > > me what I missed?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Lei

Re: Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

Lei Gao-2
Alirhgt Chris, :P.

I am going to give that a try after my daily work. No matter it works or not, I'd confirm you.

Thanks a lot, Have a great weekend.

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's pretty much all I did, the JSP file is just a
> usual JSP file nothing
> more. but if there is some information you need,
> I'll provide all of them.
>
> Lei
>

> On 4/7/06, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > to give you a complete answer, I'd need more
> > informatin, but this should set you in the right
> > direction.
> >
> > you need to use javascript for the popup like in
> > ordermgr/control/orderentry for the partyId lookup
> > in the order manager app

="javascript:call_fieldlookup2(document.salesentryform.partyId

> > ,'LookupPartyName');
> > >
> > --- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi group,
> > >
> > > I am trying to popup a JSP page in a FTL page,
> and I
> > > want to keep the new
> > > page within the same session, and security
> context.
> > > Here is what I did.
> > >
> > > in orderheader.ftl
> > > <a

herf="<@ofbizUrl>editPaymentTerm?orderId=${orderId}</@ofbizUrl

> > > target="popup">">Edit it</a>
> > >
> > > in control.xml
> > > <requet-map uri="editPaymentTerm">
> > >   <response name="success" type="view"
> > > value="editPaymentTerm" />
> > > </requet-map>
> > > <view-map name="editPaymentTerm" type="jsp"
> > > page="/control/jspdir/EditPaymentTerm.jsp" />
> > >
> > > Obviously I still missed something, cause it
> dose
> > > not work. Can anybody show
> > > me what I missed?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > > Lei

Re: Dev - Invoke a JSP page.in a FTL file

Lei Gao-2
Hi Chris, Just want to confirm you that your suggestion works, the window need to know the hierarchy.

There also is another issue with my setting. When I did the view mapping, instead of, let's say, '/ordermgr/myjsproot/jsp_file.jsp', I need to put in just '/myjsproot/jsp_file.jsp'.

Thanks