Dev - JDK1.5 with OFBIZ, one more question.

Dev - JDK1.5 with OFBIZ, one more question.

Lei Gao-2
Hi Guys,

I just followed the thread on OpenTaps forum few days back about running OFBIZ under JDK1.5.

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1465209&amp;forum_id=487771" target="_blank"> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1465209&forum_id=487771

With a few changes, it is working now, partially though. The thing not working is I was not able to make it JOTM working with iiop. It only works with JRMP.
My question is do we need both Protocols working with JOTM, or one is good enough?

By using JDK1.5, my ofbiz(with MySQL 5.0) performance is increased by 10-15%, which will be significant. If you use local derby database, might be even higher.

Here are my steps to make OFBIZ working under JDK1.5( this is almost the same as the steps listed on OpenTaps forum). I just put it here, incase someone only do the search only in this list. Again, I guess I still missed something, otherwise, the iiop part will work as well.

1) Download Carol and JOTM source code, recompile them under JDK1.5(carol first, cause JOTM is a dependence of it), and get the latest carol.jar, howl.jar, jotm.jar, jotm_iiop_stubs.jar, jotm_jrmp_stubs.jar, remove the version number of the jar file and put them into $OFBIZ_HOME/framework/jotm/lib

2. Modify the JotmContainer.java under $OFBIZ_HOME/framework/jotm/src/org/ofbiz/jotm/container, using the followng code
//======================================================================
URL resource = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResource( carolPropName);
ConfigurationRepository.init( resource);
NameServiceManager.startNS();
//======================================================================
replace the code
//======================================================================
org.objectweb.carol.util.configuration.ProtocolConfiguration.init ();
// load the defined properties file
org.objectweb.carol.util.configuration.ProtocolConfiguration.loadCarolConfiguration(carolProps);
//======================================================================

3) . Change the iiop.properties in the $OFBIZ_HOME/framework/jotm/config  directory, change the following lines:

# carol.jrmp.context.factory=com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory
carol.jrmp.context.factory=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.spi.JRMPContextWrapperFactory

# carol.iiop.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject
carol.iiop.PortableRemoteObjectClass=org.objectweb.carol.rmi.multi.JacORBPRODelegate

# carol.iiop.NameServiceClass=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.IIOPCosNaming
carol.iiop.NameServiceClass=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.JacORBCosNaming

# carol.iiop.context.factory=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.iiop.IIOPReferenceContextWrapperFactory
carol.iiop.context.factory=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.iiop.IIOPContextWrapperFactory

4) Within the same iiop.properties file, comments out iiop protol(at top), make it looks like

# activated protocols
carol.protocols=jrmp

5),Start obiz under jdk1.5,

Re: Dev - JDK1.5 with OFBIZ, one more question.

Brett
Is the performance increase from JDK 1.5 or MySQL?

Brett

On 3/24/06, Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
>  #
> carol.iiop.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject
> carol.iiop.PortableRemoteObjectClass=org.objectweb.carol.rmi.multi.JacORBPRODelegate
>

>  #
> carol.iiop.NameServiceClass=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.IIOPCosNaming
> carol.iiop.NameServiceClass=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.JacORBCosNaming
>
>  #
> carol.iiop.context.factory=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.iiop.IIOPReferenceContextWrapperFactory
> carol.iiop.context.factory=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.iiop.IIOPContextWrapperFactory
>
> 4) Within the same iiop.properties file, comments out iiop protol(at top),
> make it looks like
>
> # activated protocols
> carol.protocols=jrmp
>
> 5),Start obiz under jdk1.5,

Re: Dev - JDK1.5 with OFBIZ, one more question.

JDK1.5, I compared two system with same database(MySQL), but different JDK. And to be honest with you, even though I did not test it, but I  think MySQL is not just faster 10% than Derby.

Lei