Dev - List of questions on ofbiz.....very urgent

Dev - List of questions on ofbiz.....very urgent

sayoke

Hi all,

These is a list of queries that out project group has, as we are using ofbiz as a major part of a project interfacing with some other application servers and technologies:-

  1. Does Ofbiz supports to declarative security? How?

  2. Does Ofbiz supports to declarative Transactions and JTA?.

  3. When Ofbiz is integrated with application server, which directory service is used by

    ofbiz to export its services and which transaction manager is used by ofbiz to handle transactions?

  4. How to integrate Ofbiz server to Weblogic?

  5. When we are using Ofbiz in environment like single point authentication, how that security context of user will propagate to ofbiz?

  6. When we are using Ofbiz MVC framework in presentation layer can we forward the request to servlet?

  7. How Ofbiz can integrate with Spring framework?

  8. Can we use spring application context to get the services of Ofbiz?

  9. What are the components we need at client to access the remote Ofbiz server?

  10. Do Ofbiz supports for fine-grained access at Entity Engine level?

  11. How to do Performance tuning in Ofbiz for entity loading (like lazy loading in Hibernate)?

  12. Do Ofbiz supports for clustering?

  13. When our application is using complex queries by native sql, the output of ofbiz is resultset or corresponding domain object list?

Sayoke Shome
Technical Associate
Mahindra British Telecom
Panchasil VimanNagar
Pune - 4
extn : 8619(viman nagar)

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use

Re: Dev - List of questions on ofbiz.....very urgent

Si Chen-2

http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/security.php

Yes.  http://www.ofbiz.org/docs/entity.html and
http://www.ofbiz.org/api/framework/entity/build/javadocs/index.html

>   1.
>
>       When Ofbiz is integrated with application server, which
>       directory service is used by
>
>       ofbiz to export its services and which transaction manager is
>       used by ofbiz to handle transactions?
>
>   2.
>
>       How to integrate Ofbiz server to Weblogic?

look in the appservers/ directory

>   1.
>
>       When we are using Ofbiz in environment like single point
>       authentication, how that security context of user will propagate
>       to ofbiz?
>
>   2.
>
>       When we are using Ofbiz MVC framework in presentation layer can
>       we forward the request to servlet?

Yes.  event type="java"

>   1.
>
>       How Ofbiz can integrate with Spring framework?

Does web services work for you?

>   1.
>
>       Can we use spring application context to get the services of Ofbiz?

Does spring support it?

>   1.
>
>       What are the components we need at client to access the remote
>       Ofbiz server?

How about a browser?

>   1.
>
>       Do Ofbiz supports for fine-grained access at Entity Engine level?

Sure.

>   1.
>
>       How to do Performance tuning in Ofbiz for entity loading (like
>       lazy loading in Hibernate)?

cache.

>   1.
>
>       Do Ofbiz supports for clustering?

yes.

>   1.
>
>       When our application is using complex queries by native sql, the
>       output of ofbiz is resultset or corresponding domain object list?

java list or entitylistiterator cursor on your database.