Dev - Localization contribution

Wojciech Gdela-2
Hello,

My company plan to develop polish localization of OFBiz, i.e. translate
*.properties files from config directories. How can we contribute our
work to ofbiz? Should we prepare patches against latest SVN? How long
will it take you to incorporate those patches into SVN tree?

Is anyone else interesed in developing polish localization?

--
Best regards,
Wojciech Gdela.

Dev - Minilang oddity

Andrew Sykes
Hi Folks,

In the following example, resetting the fields of the map also resets
their values in the list. Is this the desired behaviour?

Should a field being added to a list not first be cloned in the
underlying code?

I end up with a List(categoriesAndContent) of identical Maps
(categoryAndContent)

<iterate list-name="categories" entry-name="category">
...Misc Code...
        <set field="categoryAndContent.category" from-field="category" />
        <set field="categoryAndContent.content" from-field="content" />
        <field-to-list list-name="categoriesAndContent" field-
name="categoryAndContent" />
</iterate>

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Dev - Minilang oddity

David E. Jones

Andrew,

Are you talking about an explicit clear using the clear-field operation? The iterate tag in the snippet you included shouldn't be clearing any of the fields. It just copies the old value of the "entry-name" field back into place at the end.

-David

Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> In the following example, resetting the fields of the map also resets
> their values in the list. Is this the desired behaviour?
>
> Should a field being added to a list not first be cloned in the
> underlying code?
>
> I end up with a List(categoriesAndContent) of identical Maps
> (categoryAndContent)
>
> <iterate list-name="categories" entry-name="category">
> ...Misc Code...
> <set field="categoryAndContent.category" from-field="category" />
> <set field="categoryAndContent.content" from-field="content" />
> <field-to-list list-name="categoriesAndContent" field-
> name="categoryAndContent" />
> </iterate>

Re: Dev - Minilang oddity

Andrew Sykes
David,

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here, so I'll just try to re-
explain my problem.

Each time I set new values to the Map, I actually want to add that to
the list as a new Map, but what's actually happening is I'm resetting
the values in the old List.Map. So I end up with an ever increasing List
of the same Map.

Are you saying I should use clear-field on the Map before setting new
fields within it?

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:25 -0600, David E. Jones wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Are you talking about an explicit clear using the clear-field operation? The iterate tag in the snippet you included shouldn't be clearing any of the fields. It just copies the old value of the "entry-name" field back into place at the end.
>
> -David
>

> Andrew Sykes wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > In the following example, resetting the fields of the map also resets
> > their values in the list. Is this the desired behaviour?
> >
> > Should a field being added to a list not first be cloned in the
> > underlying code?
> >
> > I end up with a List(categoriesAndContent) of identical Maps
> > (categoryAndContent)
> >
> > <iterate list-name="categories" entry-name="category">
> > ...Misc Code...
> > <set field="categoryAndContent.category" from-field="category" />
> > <set field="categoryAndContent.content" from-field="content" />
> > <field-to-list list-name="categoriesAndContent" field-
> > name="categoryAndContent" />
> > </iterate>

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Dev - Minilang oddity

David E. Jones

Andrew,

I think I see what you are asking now. Yes, the clear-field is the way to correct that. Generally in a loop it should be put at the beginning of the loop body.

BTW, I've considered introducing a protected context to the simple-method implementation (especially for if, iterate, etc bodies), but it would change and complicate how they operate in a number of ways and make it non-backwards compatible. I'm also considered that it would in fact make it more difficult to use for most simple-methods.

-David

Andrew Sykes wrote:

> David,
>
> I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here, so I'll just try to re-
> explain my problem.
>
> Each time I set new values to the Map, I actually want to add that to
> the list as a new Map, but what's actually happening is I'm resetting
> the values in the old List.Map. So I end up with an ever increasing List
> of the same Map.
>
> Are you saying I should use clear-field on the Map before setting new
> fields within it?
>
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:25 -0600, David E. Jones wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> Are you talking about an explicit clear using the clear-field operation? The iterate tag in the snippet you included shouldn't be clearing any of the fields. It just copies the old value of the "entry-name" field back into place at the end.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> In the following example, resetting the fields of the map also resets
>>> their values in the list. Is this the desired behaviour?
>>>
>>> Should a field being added to a list not first be cloned in the
>>> underlying code?
>>>
>>> I end up with a List(categoriesAndContent) of identical Maps
>>> (categoryAndContent)
>>>
>>> <iterate list-name="categories" entry-name="category">
>>> ...Misc Code...
>>> <set field="categoryAndContent.category" from-field="category" />
>>> <set field="categoryAndContent.content" from-field="content" />
>>> <field-to-list list-name="categoriesAndContent" field-
>>> name="categoryAndContent" />
>>> </iterate>

Re: Dev - Minilang oddity

Andrew Sykes
David,

Yes, with that explanation I'd agree that cloning and the like (as I
suggested earlier) is a fairly over the top approach and I can certainly
imagine some nasty problems.

Thanks for the clarification.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Dev - Localization contribution

Wojciech Gdela-2
Hello,

> My company plan to develop polish localization of OFBiz, i.e. translate
> *.properties files from config directories. How can we contribute our
> work to ofbiz? Should we prepare patches against latest SVN? How long
> will it take you to incorporate those patches into SVN tree?

No one anwered my questions, so I must conclude that there is no way to
contribute new translations into ofbiz.

--
Best regards,
Wojciech Gdela.

Re: Dev - Localization contribution

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Wojciech,

you can contribute to the project by submitting your patches (or the
whole files if they are still not present in the OFBiz codebase) to the
jira server at this address:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ

You can create a new issue and attach to it your contributions; to
create a new account:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Then we will review your contributions and commit them.

Jacopo