Dev - OFBiz, the ASF, and CLAs

David E. Jones

Hello All,

As many of you know OFBiz was accepted into the Apache Incubator in January. One part of this move is a license clearance process so that OFBiz can be licensed through the ASF, and under the Apache 2.0 license. To do this each contributor to OFBiz needs to submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) to the Apache Software Foundation.

We are keeping track of this effort on the following wiki page:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=OFBizDevelopers

We have sent individual messages to quite a few of you (marked with the "S" status) and CLAs have been received from many (marked with the "X" status). Quite a few have acknowledged the receipt of the message and said they would send in a CLA (marked with the "R" status).

It's been a few weeks since I sent out the initial requests to various contributors, and while quite a few CLAs have been received, quite a few are still needed. Here is the page where the ASF keeps track of CLAs received. The top of the page has a list of those with commit privileges and the project(s) they are associated with. The bottom has a list of all who have submitted a CLA but do not have commit access on any project.

http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

In order to help move this along: if you have contributed anything to OFBiz could you please review the OFBiz wiki page mentioned above and if needed submit a CLA? If you need more information or have any questions about it, feel free to ask here or write to me directly.

Re: Dev - OFBiz, the ASF, and CLAs

Adrian Crum
I sent in my CLA long ago, but I don't see it listed anywhere. What do I do next?

David E. Jones wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> As many of you know OFBiz was accepted into the Apache Incubator in January. One part of this move is a license clearance process so that OFBiz can be licensed through the ASF, and under the Apache 2.0 license. To do this each contributor to OFBiz needs to submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) to the Apache Software Foundation.
>
> We are keeping track of this effort on the following wiki page:
>
> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=OFBizDevelopers
>
> We have sent individual messages to quite a few of you (marked with the "S" status) and CLAs have been received from many (marked with the "X" status). Quite a few have acknowledged the receipt of the message and said they would send in a CLA (marked with the "R" status).
>
> It's been a few weeks since I sent out the initial requests to various contributors, and while quite a few CLAs have been received, quite a few are still needed. Here is the page where the ASF keeps track of CLAs received. The top of the page has a list of those with commit privileges and the project(s) they are associated with. The bottom has a list of all who have submitted a CLA but do not have commit access on any project.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>
> In order to help move this along: if you have contributed anything to OFBiz could you please review the OFBiz wiki page mentioned above and if needed submit a CLA? If you need more information or have any questions about it, feel free to ask here or write to me directly.
>
> Thanks,

Re: Dev - OFBiz, the ASF, and CLAs

David E. Jones

Adrian,

This is a good question, and one that concerns me because I have heard the same from a couple of others.

If it was sent very recently the best thing to do is wait. If it has been more than 2 weeks something else has likely happened and all I can say is that perhaps the best idea is to send it in again. Short of the Apache Committers page reference below I don't know of any way to find out more details.

I assume that if there is something wrong with a CLA that some sort of response about it will be sent, and hopefully by email, but I don't know.

I appreciate everyone's patience with this...

-David

Adrian Crum wrote:

> I sent in my CLA long ago, but I don't see it listed anywhere. What do I do next?
>
> David E. Jones wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> As many of you know OFBiz was accepted into the Apache Incubator in January. One part of this move is a license clearance process so that OFBiz can be licensed through the ASF, and under the Apache 2.0 license. To do this each contributor to OFBiz needs to submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) to the Apache Software Foundation.
>>
>> We are keeping track of this effort on the following wiki page:
>>
>> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=OFBizDevelopers
>>
>> We have sent individual messages to quite a few of you (marked with the "S" status) and CLAs have been received from many (marked with the "X" status). Quite a few have acknowledged the receipt of the message and said they would send in a CLA (marked with the "R" status).
>>
>> It's been a few weeks since I sent out the initial requests to various contributors, and while quite a few CLAs have been received, quite a few are still needed. Here is the page where the ASF keeps track of CLAs received. The top of the page has a list of those with commit privileges and the project(s) they are associated with. The bottom has a list of all who have submitted a CLA but do not have commit access on any project.
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>>
>> In order to help move this along: if you have contributed anything to OFBiz could you please review the OFBiz wiki page mentioned above and if needed submit a CLA? If you need more information or have any questions about it, feel free to ask here or write to me directly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -David

Re: Dev - OFBiz, the ASF, and CLAs

davidnwelton
Looks like a bunch of these came through today.  I saw Jacopo's
father's name on it, for instance.  Sorry it's not faster, but like
everyone else, Jim is a volunteer.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/