Dev - PO Number

Lei Gao-2
Hello,

There is a 'PO Number' field on Order Options page, but eventually it disappeared on the final order detail page, where it goes and which table the program stored this data?

Thanks in advance.
Lei

Re: Dev - PO Number

cjhowe
PO Number field is located in the OrderItem entity as
correspondingPoId.  This is better than being in the
intuitive OrderHeader entity because of invoicing.

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a 'PO Number' field on Order Options page,
> but eventually it
> disappeared on the final order detail page, where it
> goes and which table
> the program stored this data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - PO Number

Lei Gao-2
Thanks. Chris

Lei

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a 'PO Number' field on Order Options page,
> but eventually it
> disappeared on the final order detail page, where it
> goes and which table
> the program stored this data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - PO Number

Lei Gao-2
Hi OFBIZ team

Currently, after an order is created, this PO Number field is not saved into the database. Are you doing this by purpose? I am currently working on it to make this field saved, if this is an required field, I can put my code into the build.

Lei

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a 'PO Number' field on Order Options page,
> but eventually it
> disappeared on the final order detail page, where it
> goes and which table
> the program stored this data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - PO Number

cjhowe
What are you using to create the order?  Unless this
has recently been changed (within the month) ecommerce
and order entry in ordermgr both save the
correspondingPoId.  And where are you looking in the
database for the PO number?

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi OFBIZ team
>
> Currently, after an order is created, this PO Number
> field is not saved into
> the database. Are you doing this by purpose? I am
> currently working on it to
> make this field saved, if this is an required field,
> I can put my code into
> the build.
>
> Lei
>

> On 3/8/06, Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. Chris
> >
> > Lei
> >

> > On 3/8/06, Chris Howe <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > PO Number field is located in the OrderItem
> entity as
> > > correspondingPoId.  This is better than being in
> the
> > > intuitive OrderHeader entity because of
> invoicing.

> page,
> where it

Re: Dev - PO Number

Lei Gao-2
Order entry from ordermgr. Now if you create an order, all the related po item's correspondingPoId are not set. I guess somebody changed it. In the CheckOutHelper class, there currently using method is finalizeOrderEntry to create an order and, it dose not carry this poNumber as a parameter.

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi OFBIZ team
>
> Currently, after an order is created, this PO Number
> field is not saved into
> the database. Are you doing this by purpose? I am
> currently working on it to
> make this field saved, if this is an required field,
> I can put my code into
> the build.
>
> Lei
>

> On 3/8/06, Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. Chris
> >
> > Lei
> >

> > On 3/8/06, Chris Howe <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > PO Number field is located in the OrderItem
> entity as
> > > correspondingPoId.  This is better than being in
> the
> > > intuitive OrderHeader entity because of
> invoicing.

> page,
> where it

Re: Dev - PO Number

cjhowe
Your right...Did you find where Order Entry is losing
it but Ecommerce is not?

--- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Order entry from ordermgr. Now if you create an
> order, all the related po
> item's correspondingPoId are not set. I guess
> somebody changed it. In the
> CheckOutHelper class, there currently using method
> is finalizeOrderEntry to
> create an order and, it dose not carry this poNumber
> as a parameter.
>
> Lei
>
> On 3/8/06, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > What are you using to create the order?  Unless
> this
> > has recently been changed (within the month)
> ecommerce
> > and order entry in ordermgr both save the
> > correspondingPoId.  And where are you looking in
> the
> > database for the PO number?
> >
> > --- Lei Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi OFBIZ team
> > >
> > > Currently, after an order is created, this PO
> Number
> > > field is not saved into
> > > the database. Are you doing this by purpose? I
> am
> > > currently working on it to
> > > make this field saved, if this is an required
> field,
> > > I can put my code into
> > > the build.

> > > entity as
> being in
> > > the
> > > invoicing.

> > > page,
> page,
> > > where it

Re: Dev - PO Number

Lei Gao-2
I found that to create an Order from Order Entry, it calls a method, finalizeOrderEntry, In the OrderEntryEvent. It retrieves every thing, but this correspondingPoId. If we get this correspondingPoId from http request. and pass in to the CheckOutHelper's finalizeOrderEntry method, and set it to the ShoppingCart, it will be carried to each OrderItem.That's where this PO number get lost.

For ECommerce, I did not read the code, but I guess that module calls the method setCheckOutOptions, which takes the correspondingPoId as one of the parameters, and eventually it set the poNumber into the Cart.