Dev - Questions about i18n

Re: Dev - Questions about i18n

Jacopo Cappellato
Marco,

I did a few tests about the encoding issue and I've found a solution;
the right way to run the command is without the -encoding parameter

native2ascii source dest

I've tried it with the manufacturing labels and now they work fine (see
rev 7699).

Sorry for the wrong information I gave you... I'll amend it by fixing
all the Italian labels that are in SVN (later today).

Jacopo

PS: a few minutes ago Hans has committed your changes for the content
component (rev. 7698)

[hidden email] wrote:

> Jacopo & Jacques,
>
> as you can see I'm not so fast to reply to you because I was not able to do it.
> I use Eclipse as IDE nd sometimes Notepad++ like editor.
> In the past I have used normal unicode representation (à --> 224) and I can see normally on the screen but you have suggested to use native2ascii but I can go back to initial.
> I'm continue to translate EntityLabels in Italian and I have finished the Order application and now I'm doing the Product application.
> This job is very huge and it takes a lot of times but I can do it only during free time because I'm using OFBIZ for hobby (at the moment).
> Let me know how can I transfer in a patch the special characters in unicode representation ?
>
> Thanks a lot for you suggestions
> Marco Risaliti
>
>> thanks for the suggestions; I'm using Netbeans 5 as IDE, I don't know
>> what Marco is using, but if he has Eclipse I think he will very
>> interested in your notes.
>> Yes, Marco is doing a huge amount of work in the i18n area (and he has
>> done a lot of stuff that I still need to commit... he is too fast for me).
>>
>> Have a nice weekend,
>>
> Marco

Re: Dev - Questions about i18n

mrisaliti@libero.it
Jacopo,

ok that's a great information, so if I have understood correctly I have to insert into the properties file the special characters in normal way (à, è, ..) and then run the following command before send you a patch :
native2ascii source dest

Thanks again to you and Hans to commit all my work.

Marco

To          : "OFBiz Project Development Discussion" [hidden email]
Cc          :
Date      : Tue, 30 May 2006 09:45:13 +0200
Subject : Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Questions about i18n

> Marco,
>
> I did a few tests about the encoding issue and I've found a solution;
> the right way to run the command is without the -encoding parameter
>
> native2ascii source dest
>
> I've tried it with the manufacturing labels and now they work fine (see
> rev 7699).
>
> Sorry for the wrong information I gave you... I'll amend it by fixing
> all the Italian labels that are in SVN (later today).
>
> Jacopo
>
> PS: a few minutes ago Hans has committed your changes for the content
> component (rev. 7698)
>

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Jacopo & Jacques,
> >
> > as you can see I'm not so fast to reply to you because I was not able to do it.
> > I use Eclipse as IDE nd sometimes Notepad++ like editor.
> > In the past I have used normal unicode representation (à --> 224) and I can see normally on the screen but you have suggested to use native2ascii but I can go back to initial.
> > I'm continue to translate EntityLabels in Italian and I have finished the Order application and now I'm doing the Product application.
> > This job is very huge and it takes a lot of times but I can do it only during free time because I'm using OFBIZ for hobby (at the moment).
> > Let me know how can I transfer in a patch the special characters in unicode representation ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for you suggestions
> > Marco Risaliti
> >
> >> thanks for the suggestions; I'm using Netbeans 5 as IDE, I don't know
> >> what Marco is using, but if he has Eclipse I think he will very
> >> interested in your notes.
> >> Yes, Marco is doing a huge amount of work in the i18n area (and he has
> >> done a lot of stuff that I still need to commit... he is too fast for me).
> >>
> >> Have a nice weekend,
> >>
> > Marco

Re: Dev - Questions about i18n

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Marco,

yes, exactly.

Jacopo

[hidden email] wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> ok that's a great information, so if I have understood correctly I have to insert into the properties file the special characters in normal way (à, è, ..) and then run the following command before send you a patch :
> native2ascii source dest
>
> Thanks again to you and Hans to commit all my work.
>
> Marco

Re: Dev - Eclipse POS debugging and NetBeans

Mamdouh Kaadan-2
Dear Vinay

I tried to use NetBeans 5.0, but it is very slow.
I have 1GB or RAM, and I have set the following setting
netbeans_default_options="-J-Xms128m -J-Xmx512m -J-XX:PermSize=128m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true"

But it still very slow, and every time I try to call a method such as
Delegator.find it update the class path and it take a long time

And I have downloaded the BSH plugin, but it doesn't support autocomplete, just highlight the code!!

Please do you have any idea about this problem

Thanks in advance

==================================
Mamdouh Kaadan
Software Engineer
IT - Application
Areeba SYRIA

Re: Dev - Eclipse POS debugging and NetBeans

Vinay Agarwal
Mamdouh,

In my experience, NB5 is marginally slower than eclipse. If you are
observing something else, then it could be a system issue. Other things you
could do
1. Change Xms128m to Xms256m
2. Defragment your hard disk
3. Turn off "Allow Indexing Service to Index this disk for fast file
searching" in your hard disk properties (NTFS only).
4. Make sure you aren't using FAT32 partition--it's much slower.

BSH plugin doesn't have the same functionality as Java but it does complete
function and variable names. Many time, you must use a full declarations in
BSH (like Java) for the plugin to provide you with more assistance. If
plugin can't figure out the object type, then it can not provide assistance.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

P.S. User list is more appropriate for this kind of questions.

Re: Dev - Eclipse POS debugging and NetBeans

> Mamdouh,
>
> In my experience, NB5 is marginally slower than eclipse. If you are
> observing something else, then it could be a system issue. Other things you
> could do
> 1. Change Xms128m to Xms256m
> 2. Defragment your hard disk
> 3. Turn off "Allow Indexing Service to Index this disk for fast file
> searching" in your hard disk properties (NTFS only).
> 4. Make sure you aren't using FAT32 partition--it's much slower.
>
> BSH plugin doesn't have the same functionality as Java but it does complete
> function and variable names. Many time, you must use a full declarations in
> BSH (like Java) for the plugin to provide you with more assistance. If
> plugin can't figure out the object type, then it can not provide assistance.
>
> Regards,
> Vinay Agarwal

Mamdouh,

I did not notice neither performances degradation from Eclipse (I use both,
because of FTL and i18n with RBE).

> P.S. User list is more appropriate for this kind of questions.

BTW, the thread also is not the good one, please use something like "Netbeans
5.0 performance" in user list, thanks.

Jacques Le Roux