Dev - Recursive relationship on Requirement Entity

Dev - Recursive relationship on Requirement Entity

Jacques Bergeron-2

Hi,

Sorry to bother with a detail…

In Len Silverston books, there is a recursive relationship on the Requirement Entity. This was not included in the OFBiz entity definitions. Is there a reason for the exclusion?

Regards

Re: Dev - Recursive relationship on Requirement Entity

David E. Jones

No, there is no reason I can think of. The for such a thing has not arisen yet, to my knowledge anyway. Did you have something in mind?

-David

Jacques Bergeron wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Sorry to bother with a detail…
>

> In Len Silverston books, there is a recursive relationship on the
> Requirement Entity. This was not included in the OFBiz entity
> definitions. Is there a reason for the exclusion?
>

> Regards

Re: Dev - Recursive relationship on Requirement Entity

Jacques Bergeron-2
David,

As you know, in the professional services world, requirements tend to be
composite structures. The requirement is first sketched at the beginning of
a project and then refined as the project progresses.

With our clients, we tend to first make a large deal for a broad requirement
(and a corresponding "large" order) and then have more specific requests as
the project goes along (and the requirements get more precise). The more
specific requests go "in" the initial order as long as the initial PO is not
busted.

In that context, I thought the book's structure was correct, so I asked the
question.

We can work only with customer requests but would prefer to also use the
recursive requirement entity.

Since there is no specific reason for not having the recursive relationship
we will submit a patch if we can get our prototype going (if you don’t mind
obviously). :-)

BTW we are starting to have fun sniffing around the package and we will
probably have other of those "functional" questions in the near future.

Keep up your great work

Jacques