Dev - Service vs.Shippable Product

Kesslers
I want to setup servers for clients.  They would be paying for an initial
server setup.  They would only recieve emails with
contracts/confirmations/etc.  Will the "Digital Good" work for this?  What
   comes with a "Digital Good"?  Thank you for your time and assistance.

David K.

>David,
>
>Could you be more precise about what you mean by a "service"? What does
>the fulfillment process look like for whatever you are selling?
>
>This may be very similar to a "Digital Good" in OFBiz. When those are
>purchased they are by default invoiced immediately, and the change to not
>require a shipping/delivery address should be fairly simple.
>
>-David J.
>

>kesslerdn wrote:
>> I am attempting to setup OFBiz based on the 'Basic OFBiz Production
>> Setup'.  I want to setup a catalog that only sells services.  This
>> means that shipping is not possible.  How can I setup OFBiz to not
>> ask the shipping question on the shopping cart checkout?
>> Furthermore, how can I avoid having to go through the
>> shipment process to get the order to acompleted status?
>> Thank you.
>>
>> David

Re: Dev - Service vs.Shippable Product

David E. Jones
Sounds like it would work. Take a look at the gift card activation product (finished _and_ digital good, fulfilled with an email initially and then a physical card is shipped), and the digital gizmo (which after purchase makes a download available).

-David