Dev - Set field to empty string

Chris Juettner
I have refactored our "string-to-field..." operations with the preferred
"set field..." operation but I'm having a problem replicating <string-to-field
string="" field-name="fieldName"/> behavior with <set field="fieldName"
value=""/>.

What I'm trying to do is initialize a field to an empty string.  When I
use the set operation is looks like the "fieldName" is not even getting
created.

Has anyone else encountered this situation and could provide a solution?
Thanks.

Chris Juettner
Integral Business Solutions

Re: Dev - Set field to empty string

Si Chen-2
Maybe try <clear-field field-name="fieldName"/> ?

[hidden email] wrote:

>I have refactored our "string-to-field..." operations with the preferred
>"set field..." operation but I'm having a problem replicating <string-to-field
>string="" field-name="fieldName"/> behavior with <set field="fieldName"
>value=""/>.
>
>What I'm trying to do is initialize a field to an empty string.  When I
>use the set operation is looks like the "fieldName" is not even getting
>created.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this situation and could provide a solution?
>Thanks.
>
>Chris Juettner
>Integral Business Solutions

Re: Dev - Set field to empty string

Chris Juettner
Thanks Si, tried that but it didn't work.
I even went as far as to set a field to a "junk" value, then tried to clear
the field, but that didn't replicate the previous behavior.  I'll keep trying,
but I may just use the deprecated <string-to-field...> until a fix is found.

<set field="fieldName" value="junk"/>