Dev - Style in widget forms

Alexandre Gomes-8
Hello all,

Is it possible to group fields in widget forms trough <div style="row"> like elements instead of the default table elements?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - Style in widget forms

byersa
Alexandre,

There is no such capability at this time, though we have discussed doing
it. But, as far as I know, there are no plans to do it anytime soon.

-Al

Alexandre Gomes wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Is it possible to group fields in widget forms trough <div style="row"> like elements instead of the default table elements?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - Style in widget forms

David E. Jones

This would basically involve changing the html form renderer class,
and we have talked about it. I did some playing around as part of the
div/CSS changes I did in ecommerce and on various forms there the 2
"column" label/widget pattern is done through some CSS styles.

Based on that it should work out fine to do it for single forms, but
list forms will probably always remain as tables as that are
naturally tabular.

-David

On Dec 7, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Al Byers wrote:

> Alexandre,
>
> There is no such capability at this time, though we have discussed
> doing it. But, as far as I know, there are no plans to do it
> anytime soon.
>
> -Al
>
> Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is it possible to group fields in widget forms trough <div
>> style="row"> like elements instead of the default table elements?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - Style in widget forms

Alexandre Gomes-8
David, Al,

Thanks for the reply.
I'll have a look to the html form renderer class.

About the list form : what about the case where each cell has a complex style?

Alex

Em Quarta, 7 de Dezembro de 2005 20:17, o David E. Jones escreveu:

> This would basically involve changing the html form renderer class,
> and we have talked about it. I did some playing around as part of the
> div/CSS changes I did in ecommerce and on various forms there the 2
> "column" label/widget pattern is done through some CSS styles.
>
> Based on that it should work out fine to do it for single forms, but
> list forms will probably always remain as tables as that are
> naturally tabular.
>
> -David
>

> On Dec 7, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Al Byers wrote:
>
> > Alexandre,
> >
> > There is no such capability at this time, though we have discussed
> > doing it. But, as far as I know, there are no plans to do it
> > anytime soon.
> >
> > -Al
> >
> > Alexandre Gomes wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to group fields in widget forms trough <div
> >> style="row"> like elements instead of the default table elements?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - Style in widget forms

David E. Jones

The functionality already exists to apply a style to the table cells.
Look at the *-area-style attributes on the field element in a form
definition.

-David