Dev - Using just the OFBiz "Framework"

Carlos Barros-2
Hello list!
I've just found out OFBiz framework and I liked it so much. In the
first look it seems to be what I wanted.
But there's just one thing I want to know about it:

Looking at the applications shipped with OFBiz I found out
that it is not really what I want, it is a bit complex.
So, what I want to do is: use just the OFBiz Framework and
develop my entire set of application, from users management to
financials. The question is: Is it possible? Can I remove all
applications and use the Development Framework?

If it is possible, anyone can point me some info about the user/roles/security
structure of OFBiz (i think it is a framework built in feature)?

best regards

Carlos Barros

Re: Dev - Using just the OFBiz "Framework"

Jacques Bergeron
Si votre courriel était vraiment destiné à Jacques Bergeron de la firme Dogico information inc. SVP le renvoyer à l'adresse [hidden email] Nous avons dû désactiver l'ancienne adresse car elle était utilisée comme adresse fictive pour la transmission de plusieurs virus. Nous nous excusons des désagréments causés par cette situation hors de notre contrôle.

L'équipe Dogico

If your e-mail was really targeted at Jacques Bergeron from Dogico information inc. Please resend it to [hidden email] We had to deactivate the old address because it was used as a fake address for the propagation of some virus. In any case, we apologize for the inconvenience.

The Dogico team

Re: Dev - Using just the OFBiz "Framework"

You can just edit the file base/config/component-load.xml and change
what you load up.  For user/roles/security you'll need the partymgr, but
you can edit its ofbiz-component.xml to comment out the "webapp" so it
is invisible.

Here's an honest word of advice though: unless you're developing a term
paper proof of concept project, you will be much better off working with
our applications than starting off and trying to re-write your own set
of applications.  Just get the data model book, read the tutorials, and
you should be able to figure it out.

Si