Dev - anonymous quick checkout

rosie storey
Hi folks,
  Is there any particular reason why anonymous users are unable to do
quick checkout?  As it is now if they go to quick checkout they are
forced to go through the multi-step checkout process, and I don't want
to use that one.
Thanks,
Rosie

Re: Dev - anonymous quick checkout

David E. Jones

By definition "anonymous" users, or users with "no account", don't
have an account to populate the quick checkout page from so it isn't
very useful to them. That page also makes it clear to the user that
we are saving information about them and attaching it to an account,
which is not something "anonymous" users or users with no account
would want to see. Naturally we have to save some information about
them, but they just don't have an account with old addresses or
payment methods to call on, by definition.

-David