Dev - are free shipping adjustments disabled right now?

Dev - are free shipping adjustments disabled right now?

Just while going through some code, I noticed this in ShoppingCart.java:

                    // TODO - we need to change the way free shipping
promotions work
                    /*

followed by a big block of commented out code.

So - is this disabled for now?  How should it be fixed?  Is nobody using
it at this time?

Si

Re: Dev - are free shipping adjustments disabled right now?

David E. Jones

Si,

Yes, the free shipping promotion has been disabled for a while. I
don't remember exactly what the issue was that pushed it over the
hill, but a lack of interest (aka resources) combined with changes in
things that it depended on basically killed the feature.

Since then most just do free shipping through the shipping rules.

-David