Dev - change ProductGlAccount and eliminate ProductGlAccountType?

Dev - change ProductGlAccount and eliminate ProductGlAccountType?

Si Chen-2
Hi everybody.

Do we still need ProductGlAccountType entity, or should we just use the
GlAccountType's GL account types?  If you look at them,
ProductGlAccountType is a subset of the GlAccountType's account types.
Worse yet, they are coded differently, so it makes the code a bit more
confusing.  Would anyone be sad if ProductGlAccount pointed directly to
GlAccountType instead?

Also, ProductGlAccount does not have an organizationPartyId.  Can we add
it there?  The general pattern in the data model now seems to be GL
account associated with particular organizations.

Si

Re: Dev - change ProductGlAccount and eliminate ProductGlAccountType?

David E. Jones

Si,

These are both very good points and I agree with the changes.

The ProductGlAccount and -Type entities are pretty old, from long before
more of the accounting stuff was really thoroughly laid out and planned
and scenarios had been run for it. So, yes, I think these changes are
appropriate (ie using GlAccountType and removing ProductGlAccountType,
and adding an organizationPartyId to the entity and the primary key of it).

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> Do we still need ProductGlAccountType entity, or should we just use the
> GlAccountType's GL account types?  If you look at them,
> ProductGlAccountType is a subset of the GlAccountType's account types.
> Worse yet, they are coded differently, so it makes the code a bit more
> confusing.  Would anyone be sad if ProductGlAccount pointed directly to
> GlAccountType instead?
>
> Also, ProductGlAccount does not have an organizationPartyId.  Can we add
> it there?  The general pattern in the data model now seems to be GL
> account associated with particular organizations.
>
> Si

Re: Dev - change ProductGlAccount and eliminate ProductGlAccountType?

Si Chen-2
David,

Ok.  I took care of this in r 7139.

Hans -

If you read this, I think there are some opentravelsystems files which also used ProductGlAccount.  You might want to make some changes as well.

Si