Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

Hi all,

I need to see how to run an event when an entity is created. is there
something like that in ofbiz I can look at?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

looks like entity-eca is what I want

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to see how to run an event when an entity is created. is there
> something like that in ofbiz I can look at?
>

> Thanx
> Fred

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

Si,

I looked thru the archives but could not find anything about it being
deprecated or its replacement. I would only need this for the initial
UserLoging entity import to convert a clear text password to sha.

Thanx
Fred

Si Chen wrote:

> Yes that is what you want, but FYI it is "deprecated"--search this
> archive for comments.
>
> Si
>
> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>> looks like entity-eca is what I want
>>

>> Fred Forester wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I need to see how to run an event when an entity is created. is there
>>> something like that in ofbiz I can look at?
>>>

>>> Thanx
>>> Fred

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Si,

Yeah, what do you mean by deprecated? The Entity ECAs are not deprecated to the best of my knowledge, but there are certainly circumstances where they should and should not be used...

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Yes that is what you want, but FYI it is "deprecated"--search this
> archive for comments.
>
> Si
>
> Fred Forester wrote:
>> looks like entity-eca is what I want
>>

>> Fred Forester wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I need to see how to run an event when an entity is created. is there
>>> something like that in ofbiz I can look at?
>>>

>>> Thanx
>>> Fred

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

I only need it for the initial import to sha the password then I plan on
commenting it out. since Im pretty much forced to use php to generate
the import xml and php's sha function doesn't produce keys that match
ofbiz I figured an etity-eca was the way to go for that.

Si Chen wrote:

> Just going off our Payments EECA discussion--perhaps "deprecated" is the
> wrong word, but I guess it's not really recommended for tying things
> together.  Si
>
> David E Jones wrote:
>
>> Si,
>>
>> Yeah, what do you mean by deprecated? The Entity ECAs are not
>> deprecated to the best of my knowledge, but there are certainly
>> circumstances where they should and should not be used...
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Si Chen wrote:
>>

>>> Yes that is what you want, but FYI it is "deprecated"--search this
>>> archive for comments.
>>>
>>> Si

Re: Dev - entity insert event

I guess a good way to put it is to say that SECAs should be used for logic and process oriented things, and EECAs should really only be used for data maintenance, like populating fields derived from other fields (in the same or other entities).

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Just going off our Payments EECA discussion--perhaps "deprecated" is the
> wrong word, but I guess it's not really recommended for tying things
> together.  Si
>
> David E Jones wrote:
>> Si,
>>
>> Yeah, what do you mean by deprecated? The Entity ECAs are not deprecated to the best of my knowledge, but there are certainly circumstances where they should and should not be used...
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Si Chen wrote:
>>
>>> Yes that is what you want, but FYI it is "deprecated"--search this
>>> archive for comments.
>>>
>>> Si

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

I Have it coded up and the EECA is getting control and I see the
converted sha password in the log but the updates to the entity are not
getting back to the databasse. the eeca's do not seem to have a result
value as most of the seca's do. I tried storing the updated entity back
in the context and also tried returning a result.

I attached a patch. maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.

Thanx
Fred

David E Jones wrote:

> I guess a good way to put it is to say that SECAs should be used for logic and process oriented things, and EECAs should really only be used for data maintenance, like populating fields derived from other fields (in the same or other entities).
>
> -David
>

> Si Chen wrote:
>
>>Just going off our Payments EECA discussion--perhaps "deprecated" is the
>>wrong word, but I guess it's not really recommended for tying things
>>together.  Si
>>
>>David E Jones wrote:
>>
>>>Si,
>>>
>>>Yeah, what do you mean by deprecated? The Entity ECAs are not deprecated to the best of my knowledge, but there are certainly circumstances where they should and should not be used...
>>>
>>>-David

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Fred,

there is no patch here...

Jacopo

Fred Forester wrote:

> I Have it coded up and the EECA is getting control and I see the
> converted sha password in the log but the updates to the entity are not
> getting back to the databasse. the eeca's do not seem to have a result
> value as most of the seca's do. I tried storing the updated entity back
> in the context and also tried returning a result.
>
> I attached a patch. maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.
>
> Thanx
> Fred
>

> David E Jones wrote:
>> I guess a good way to put it is to say that SECAs should be used for logic and process oriented things, and EECAs should really only be used for data maintenance, like populating fields derived from other fields (in the same or other entities).
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Si Chen wrote:
>>
>>> Just going off our Payments EECA discussion--perhaps "deprecated" is the
>>> wrong word, but I guess it's not really recommended for tying things
>>> together.  Si

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

Hi Jacopo,

Seems you are more awake than I :)

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> there is no patch here...
>
> Jacopo
>
> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>>I Have it coded up and the EECA is getting control and I see the
>>converted sha password in the log but the updates to the entity are not
>>getting back to the databasse. the eeca's do not seem to have a result
>>value as most of the seca's do. I tried storing the updated entity back
>>in the context and also tried returning a result.
>>
>>I attached a patch. maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.
>>
>>Thanx
>>Fred
>>

>>David E Jones wrote:
>>
>>>I guess a good way to put it is to say that SECAs should be used for logic and process oriented things, and EECAs should really only be used for data maintenance, like populating fields derived from other fields (in the same or other entities).
>>>
>>>-David

Index: applications/party/servicedef/services.xml
--- applications/party/servicedef/services.xml (revision 28)
+++ applications/party/servicedef/services.xml (working copy)
@@ -28,6 +28,13 @@
     <version>1.0</version>

     <!-- Party services -->
+
+    <service name="convertImportedPassword" engine="java"
+                location="org.ofbiz.party.party.PartyServices" invoke="convertImportedPassword" auth="false">
+        <description></description>
+        <attribute name="userLoginInstance" type="GenericValue" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
+    </service>
+
     <service name="createAddressMatchMap" engine="simple" default-entity-name="AddressMatchMap" auth="true"
             location="org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.xml" invoke="createAddressMatchMap">
         <description>Create an AddressMatchMap record</description>
Index: applications/party/src/org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.java
--- applications/party/src/org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.java (revision 28)
+++ applications/party/src/org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.java (working copy)
@@ -62,6 +62,8 @@
 import org.ofbiz.service.LocalDispatcher;
 import org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException;

+import org.ofbiz.base.crypto.HashCrypt;
+
 /**
  * Services for Party/Person/Group maintenance
  *
@@ -76,6 +78,32 @@
     public static final String resource = "PartyUiLabels";

     /**
+     * Converts a cleartext password
+     * @param ctx The DispatchContext that this service is operating in.
+     * @param context Map containing the input parameters.
+     * @return Map with the result of the service, the output parameters.
+     */
+    public static Map convertImportedPassword(DispatchContext ctx, Map context) {
+        Map result = ServiceUtil.returnSuccess();
+        GenericValue userLogin = (GenericValue) context.get("userLoginInstance");
+        Debug.logInfo("convertImportedPassword", module);
+        if (userLogin != null)
+        {
+            String currentPassword = (String)userLogin.get("currentPassword");
+            String newPassword = HashCrypt.getDigestHash(currentPassword);
+            userLogin.set("currentPassword",newPassword);
+            userLogin.set("importConvertPassword","N");
+            context.put("userLoginInstance",userLogin);
+            Debug.logInfo("converting password : " + userLogin.get("currentPassword"), module);
+        }
+        else
+        {
+            return ServiceUtil.returnError("No Content found.");
+        }
+        return result;
+    }
+
+    /**
      * Deletes a Party.
      * @param ctx The DispatchContext that this service is operating in.
      * @param context Map containing the input parameters.
Index: applications/party/ofbiz-component.xml
--- applications/party/ofbiz-component.xml (revision 28)
+++ applications/party/ofbiz-component.xml (working copy)
@@ -32,6 +32,7 @@

     <entity-resource type="model" reader-name="main" loader="main" location="entitydef/entitymodel.xml"/>
     <entity-resource type="group" reader-name="main" loader="main" location="entitydef/entitygroup.xml"/>
+    <entity-resource type="eca" reader-name="main" loader="main" location="entitydef/eecas.xml"/>
     <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="seed" loader="main" location="data/PartyTypeData.xml"/>
     <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="seed" loader="main" location="data/PartySecurityData.xml"/>
     <service-resource type="model" loader="main" location="servicedef/services.xml"/>
Index: applications/party/entitydef/eecas.xml
--- applications/party/entitydef/eecas.xml (revision 33)
+++ applications/party/entitydef/eecas.xml (working copy)
@@ -24,8 +24,11 @@
 <entity-eca xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/entity-eca.xsd">
     <!-- Product Keyword Indexing ECAs -->
+
     <eca entity="UserLogin" operation="create-store" event="return">
         <condition field-name="importConvertPassword" operator="equals" value="Y"/>
         <action service="convertImportedPassword" mode="sync" value-attr="userLoginInstance"/>
     </eca>
+
+
 </entity-eca>
Index: framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml
--- framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (revision 28)
+++ framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (working copy)
@@ -66,6 +66,7 @@
       <field name="lastLocale" type="very-short"></field>
       <field name="disabledDateTime" type="date-time"></field>
       <field name="successiveFailedLogins" type="numeric"></field>
+      <field name="importConvertPassword" type="indicator"></field>
       <prim-key field="userLoginId"/>
       <relation type="one" fk-name="USER_PARTY" rel-entity-name="Party">
         <key-map field-name="partyId"/>

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Jacopo Cappellato
Fred,

try to change the "event" attribute from "return" to "validate" (in the
eca definition).

Jacopo

Fred Forester wrote:

> [...]
>          <condition field-name="importConvertPassword" operator="equals" value="Y"/>
>          <action service="convertImportedPassword" mode="sync" value-attr="userLoginInstance"/>
>      </eca>
> +
> +
>  </entity-eca>
> Index: framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml
> --- framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (revision 28)
> +++ framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (working copy)
> @@ -66,6 +66,7 @@
>        <field name="lastLocale" type="very-short"></field>
>        <field name="disabledDateTime" type="date-time"></field>
>        <field name="successiveFailedLogins" type="numeric"></field>
> +      <field name="importConvertPassword" type="indicator"></field>
>        <prim-key field="userLoginId"/>
>        <relation type="one" fk-name="USER_PARTY" rel-entity-name="Party">

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2
Jacopo,

Do I have to put the updated entity back in context or can I take that
line out?

Thanx for your help.
Fred

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> [...]
>>         <action service="convertImportedPassword" mode="sync" value-attr="userLoginInstance"/>
>>     </eca>
>>+
>>+
>> </entity-eca>
>>Index: framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml
>>===================================================================
>>--- framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (revision 28)
>>+++ framework/security/entitydef/entitymodel.xml (working copy)
>>@@ -66,6 +66,7 @@
>>       <field name="lastLocale" type="very-short"></field>
>>       <field name="disabledDateTime" type="date-time"></field>
>>       <field name="successiveFailedLogins" type="numeric"></field>
>>+      <field name="importConvertPassword" type="indicator"></field>
>>       <prim-key field="userLoginId"/>
>>       <relation type="one" fk-name="USER_PARTY" rel-entity-name="Party">

Re: Dev - entity insert event

Fred Forester-2

Jacopo

I tried it with validate and it works with and without putting the
entity back in context. so I guess I'll leave it out

thanx again for you help!

Fred