Dev - entity-one problem

Alexandre Gomes-8
Hi all,

I'm trying to discover what's wrong with an entity-one call in a screen
widget that doesn't show up data and I can't figure it out what is
happening. The log is the following :

20259351[      GenericEntity.java:393:ERROR] In entity field set the
value passed in [java.lang.String] is not compatible with the Java type
of the field [java.sql.Timestamp]

Can someone please give a hand on this one?

Thanks,
Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - entity-one problem

David E. Jones

According to the message you need to do a type conversion. This would
happen with any EE op.

-David

On Jan 13, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to discover what's wrong with an entity-one call in a
> screen
> widget that doesn't show up data and I can't figure it out what is
> happening. The log is the following :
>
> 20259351[      GenericEntity.java:393:ERROR] In entity field set the
> value passed in [java.lang.String] is not compatible with the Java
> type
> of the field [java.sql.Timestamp]
>
> Can someone please give a hand on this one?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - entity-one problem

Alexandre Gomes-8
Thanks David,

Is there a set expression to do the conversion in the action area of the
screen widget or do I just do it in a beanshell script?

Or it's better to call a service which contains a call-map-processor
from the screen widget?

Alexandre

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 09:38 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:

> According to the message you need to do a type conversion. This would
> happen with any EE op.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 13, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to discover what's wrong with an entity-one call in a
> > screen
> > widget that doesn't show up data and I can't figure it out what is
> > happening. The log is the following :
> >
> > 20259351[      GenericEntity.java:393:ERROR] In entity field set the
> > value passed in [java.lang.String] is not compatible with the Java
> > type
> > of the field [java.sql.Timestamp]
> >
> > Can someone please give a hand on this one?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - entity-one problem

David E. Jones

There is a "type" attribute on the set element that you can use to do
the conversion.

-David