Dev - how to disable EECA on xml import

Si Chen-2
David,

I see now that your PaymentsInvoices.xml file is causing problems with
our Financials module.  Wasn't there a flag for <entity-engine-xml> that
we can use to disable EECAs?  What was it again?

Si

Re: Dev - how to disable EECA on xml import

Andrew Zeneski
EntitySaxReader has options for this by creating a new delegator and
turning off EECAs for the import. The CLI tool also uses this method
by using a delegator defined to disable EECAs.

On May 16, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> David,
>
> I see now that your PaymentsInvoices.xml file is causing problems with
> our Financials module.  Wasn't there a flag for <entity-engine-xml>
> that
> we can use to disable EECAs?  What was it again?
>
> Si

Re: Dev - how to disable EECA on xml import

Ideally one of 2 things should be done:

1. change this to use an SECA instead of EECA (requires changing existing code that creates invoices and payments directly with the entity engine to use the services, and all good little methods should do...)

2. implement the "exception journal" functionality that would create partial AcctgTrans/Entry records and put the AcctgTrans in the exception journal, meaning that the system isn't setup properly for it, so it must be posted manually; it would be nice in the UI for that (_should_ be just the standard journal/trans/entry editing screens that already exist to some extent) to have a link to re-try the auto-posting of the event based on back-tracking info (like invoiceId, paymentId, etc) based on the current configuration to allow for easier fixing of auto-posting configuration and then re-trying failed postings

I understand these require some work. I don't know if this import error is a big enough deal to bother with a temporary fix though...

-David