Dev - initial status of email created by storeIncomingEmail

Dev - initial status of email created by storeIncomingEmail

Si Chen-2
Are many of you using storeIncomingEmail with JavaMailcontainer now?
It works pretty well and can sort your emails and route them to the
right parties in the system.  One problem I have though is that the
initial status is "ENTERED", which then requires you to set it to
"PENDING", then "READ", then "COMPLETED."  This is too many steps,
especially if you want to do automated mail processing, I think.

Would it be better if we changed the initial status to PENDING, then
allowed it to go to READ or COMPLETED immediately?  This involves
changing the storeIncomingEmail and then also allowing one more valid
change from PENDING to COMPLETED right away.

Si

Re: Dev - initial status of email created by storeIncomingEmail

BJ Freeman
How about standardizing to real world and make it NOTREAD.
ENTERED would be more for Emails that came from the eccommerce side OR
crm (WAITING APPROVAL) then Pending.

There are more status when CRM is fully implemented.

Si Chen sent the following on 6/15/06 9:42 AM: